nickfrog

Picking up Saturday

£16.5k for a Oct 12 car with 10k miles from a Scooby dealer. White manual with cloth and no nav.

1 question : they are doing the 2nd service. Apart from oil and brake fluid, what else should they officially be doing as part of the scheduled maintenance at that mileage ? Anything ?

Thanks.

Nick

Hi Nick, welcome along and congrats on the best colour and awesome price! Cheapest one yet I think? 

With regards to service, nothing else out of the ordinary I believe. I'm sure someone will correct me though  ;)

Hi Nick, welcome along and congrats on the best colour and awesome price! Cheapest one yet I think?

With regards to service, nothing else out of the ordinary I believe. I'm sure someone will correct me though ;)

I think I might beat that. Mine is £16995 same year, 9k miles but with part leather, nav and armrest

I think I might beat that. Mine is £16995 same year, 9k miles but with part leather, nav and armrest

Brilliant. Have you just bought it or selling ?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes btw. 

What are the stickiest tyres available in oe size if you exclude the AD08 which might be a bit extreme in the wet ? Or are they ?

I would have liked Supersports but they don't come in the right size sadly... 

Brilliant. Have you just bought it or selling ?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes btw.

What are the stickiest tyres available in oe size if you exclude the AD08 which might be a bit extreme in the wet ? Or are they ?

I would have liked Supersports but they don't come in the right size sadly...

Just bought mate. Pick it up on the 15th.

I don't know about the GT86 but on my Type R Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 where awesome. Especially in the wet.

Guys - how does the taxing thing works now ? Can I tax it over the phone or online while at the garage after having paid the balance ?

I suppose as long as it comes up as insured either way you can use

Start your insurance before you pick the car up. You should be able to tax it online instantly. Surely as long as you tax within a day of buying the car, you should be alright I would have thought.

Ask at your dealer as you can bet everyone asks that!

Just bought mate. Pick it up on the 15th.

I don't know about the GT86 but on my Type R Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 where awesome. Especially in the wet.

Yeah the F1s seem to have a good reputation. What colour is your car ?

Sorry FN it was pretty obvious  lol. You did well at that price. I missed that one clearly, must have been a long way from down South. Did you buy privately ?

Back to tyres : is anyone running AD08Rs ?

AD08R's are more for the track than the road. A high end road tyre will be better on our wet roads particularly so with the temperatures dropping. 

I run Advan Sport V105's 94Y. They are good in the wet and dry. They handle track abuse well too. 

Also Contisport Contact 5's, which I might try in the spring. 

F1's good for road, soft on sidewalls though but not so hot on track. 

Sorry FN it was pretty obvious lol. You did well at that price. I missed that one clearly, must have been a long way from down South. Did you buy privately ?

Back to tyres : is anyone running AD08Rs ?

Yep but too far for you. I'm getting it from Mansfield Toyota. It was only on Autotrader for an evening. I called up the next morning and snapped it up.