nickfrog

Picking up Saturday

The car is a giggle. Sorry too dark for pics...

Also, having sold my car today, does anyone know how to get a refund of the 10-month tax still on it ?

Ta.

try the post office but do it before end of month

Maybe, but it's not off the road though, it's being driven by the new owner...

Post office ? Is this 1953 ? ;)

Thx either way !!

they used to have a form you could pin it to and send it in for a refund but that was some time ago

Maybe, but it's not off the road though, it's being driven by the new owner...

Post office ? Is this 1953 ? ;)

Thx either way !!

That's irrelevant. Its now up to the new owned to tax it not you. It cannot be sold with tax on anymore so you should theoretically sorn it.

I just looked on the site, apparently when they are informed you no longer own the vehicle you get refunded. So id check with them but I think perhaps when they get the log book for the vehicle transfer they will be notified by that?

I'd like to think that they will aautomatically get notified but I'd call up to double check! Makes sense that you declare it SORN since you will no longer be driving it, to you it could be on or off the road, up to the new owner to declare it otherwise.

One question : the  orange airbag light warning not to put a kid's seat at the front is on permanently on the centre console : normal or not ?

I can't stop driving it. Last time I felt like that about a car was my 2.5 Boxster... in 2002!

Yeah, the light in the centre console warns you that the air bag is active which means no baby seats, hence the light showing a baby seat with a circle and a line through it (if I recall correctly)

Sorry to hear this but glad it wasn't anything serious and that no one was hurt! Luckily you've covered insurance wise, unlike my situation which is the complete opposite, was to body work and not mechanical and I'm having to fork out for the repairs myself cos it occured on track :( Hope you get her back soon though!

To be fair at least there's no bodywork damage. Not sure what it's done to the chassis, must have bent the lower arm, so will need some suspension components replacing. Hopefully it's no more than that, plus £500 for a new wheel of course. 

Not bad going in a week! Still, best of luck with getting it sorted quickly. 

Expect the drive shaft will take it, but you've certainly bent a few things under there for the wheel to be at such an angle. Like you say, hopefully just sacrificial parts and won't require jigging. Must have been a fair old whack by the looks of it. 

Just out of interest, is the wheel dangling like that, has it snapped the upper wishbone somewhere?