GTB

Modified insurance (Sprintex etc) - very pleased !

My insurance is up for renewal and have now (oops sorry AA I forgot) declared all mods and added my car to my wifes Aviva policy. AA would not cover mods. This includes wheels, exhaust, lights, Seibon kit, Sprintex supercharger (and I told them 234hp @ hub) and audio upgrades. Cost to add to her insurance that expires 14/6/15 = £113.35 indicative price for both cars renewal at todays date £420 :) (her car is a 2014 VW Tiguan 2.0).

Very very pleased with that. The Tiguan on its own was £244 this year and AA wanted £213 for the GT (no mods).

Age 51, PO21 postcode, 8000 miles per annum SDP & commuting.

I ran quotes last time I renewed for mods and without mods, Aviva always had the same price for both. When I added the Cosworth kit I called to confirm the changes and they said with this type of car a handful of mods were expected. If I added a whole load from a shopping list I'm sure the figure would change, but for a few simple mods it didn't affect the price.

Might try out Aviva despite hating their adverts after Christmas when I'll have had my license for 3 years. From quotes I've done, it appears to make quite a difference to the price as well as getting more options for insurance companies. Despite changing half through a year (so no increase in NCD), I'll be saving around 35% even with some planned mods added on.

I found the same with Aviva - I added new wheels, exhaust and coilovers and the insurance only went up by £20. I was also very pleased when my son passed his driving test a few months ago and found out I could add his car to a multicar policy with Avivia (with the insurance for his car in his name) and it would only cost £700 - most insurers were charging at least £1500 for a  teenage new driver with no experience..... :)  

Don't Aviva use Indian call centres? I'm sorry, but if I'm insuring a ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0TDCI, then foreign call centres are fine, but I get a horrible feeling in my stomach when I get cover over the phone for mods when the person I'm speaking to doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about... If they have moved all their call centres to the UK, I'm in!!

My '86 is with LV at the moment, they'll cover any mods except SC/Turbo, and they don't use foreign call centres AFAIA?

I was allowed 8 mods with Admiral Multi-car, but they were very strict.  Air filter was a separate item, for instance. 

So 8 equals: rear spoiler(even though a TRD item and less conspicuous then OEM), exhaust, air filter (non-standard), springs up to 25mm lower, P3 gauge (interior modification), shark fin, LED rear lights, LED side repeaters (exterior decorative changes).

No S/C obviously !!

£139 full NCB protected

I used Sky last year because of the forum and they were very helpful, UK-based and also very amenable to mods - but I declared everything...two sets of wheels, exhaust, remap, audio, gauge etc etc.

At the time I was also quoted an extra £100 for s/c or t/c, as I was thinking of boosting sooner, but then I spent the money on a tank as the family car.

I used Sky last year because of the forum and they were very helpful, UK-based and also very amenable to mods - but I declared everything...two sets of wheels, exhaust, remap, audio, gauge etc etc.

At the time I was also quoted an extra £100 for s/c or t/c, as I was thinking of boosting sooner, but then I spent the money on a tank as the family car.

You might want to check your policy though as I found out when I hit a 5 Series. If I want my car repaired by my preferred repairer (RRG) then it's an extra £250 for the pleasure bringing my excess to £600. 

If your policy is by Marker Study this is bound to be the case. 

Can't decide what to do about it. 

You might want to check your policy though as I found out when I hit a 5 Series. If I want my car repaired by my preferred repairer (RRG) then it's an extra £250 for the pleasure bringing my excess to £600. 

If your policy is by Marker Study this is bound to be the case. 

Can't decide what to do about it. 

Don't hit someone else? :P

To be honest, I'd pay the extra £250 to ensure I was happy with the work...

I was allowed 8 mods with Admiral Multi-car, but they were very strict.  Air filter was a separate item, for instance. 

So 8 equals: rear spoiler(even though a TRD item and less conspicuous then OEM), exhaust, air filter (non-standard), springs up to 25mm lower, P3 gauge (interior modification), shark fin, LED rear lights, LED side repeaters (exterior decorative changes).

No S/C obviously !!

£139 full NCB protected

is this a up to date price I am with Admiral mine due mid November?

Just renewed with Markerstudy. Full mods declared (over 20) . Age 65+, 9 years protected NCB London East postcode.  £645.... a steal...

New Golf R quoted, as second car, at £575

Spec K