griffinnn

How long do you plan to keep your 86/BRZ?

It's a difficult one, Nigel, I feel for you. I have knee problems myself which will only get worse. 

I know you won't buy the BMW but 8 speed DSG, could be a lot of fun and a great chassis and tons of power with a decent interior to boot. I admit if or when an M2 comes out it would be seriously tempting, though I admit I've always loved the M3. 

The M2 is coming...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-bmw-m2-spied-news

M235i also a sweet car in the mean time. I saw a white one with carbon skirts, splitter etc, looked proper sick.

Gregg, Stan.... looks like we're on the same wavelength... need a daily drive..

Golf R 5-door auto... just waiting for a test drive, courtesy of a switched-on VW dealer (is there such a thing?)...

.... dunno what to do with the GT86. Probably mothball it.. or I might put it on Pistonheads, see if anyone is keen to win the TSS f/i class next year in it.. or might continue with my development plans...

Spec K

Only thing I'd change would be to make the top end delivery a bit peakier (like a VVLTI or VTEC engine)

Alec

Only thing i'd change is more torques in the 3 to 4.5k range

Gregg, Stan.... looks like we're on the same wavelength... need a daily drive..

Golf R 5-door auto... just waiting for a test drive, courtesy of a switched-on VW dealer (is there such a thing?)...

.... dunno what to do with the GT86. Probably mothball it.. or I might put it on Pistonheads, see if anyone is keen to win the TSS f/i class next year in it.. or might continue with my development plans...

Spec K

Macclesfield Vw have a 5 door dsg golf r for test driving and the guy who took me out was alright. Just a short drive from rrg next Thursday!

Do the deal before hand i.e get "drive the deal" and "car wow" prices and then you can Skipp all the RRP car price bull sh1t that they try and drag you through when you get back to the office!

To be honest the best deals look like lease deals. Check out www.rforum.co.uk to see what some people are getting!

I managed a deal at Macclesfield VW but this was mostly down to him giving me a good deal on the gt86. I had to give him the local quotes I had got from car wow, but once I had they stopped messing around!

Rob - it's possible. I am a bit too ancient for this malarkey and the family concerns are causing greater distraction .... it's time I let some of the also-rans in with a chance, be interesting to see what a new owner could do in the car... and I've got a daughter's wedding to fund next year... ouch...

Gregg - thanks for the head up on VW Macc.

I am going personal lease. Two offers, 6 + 23 months at less than £280 per month, 3-door manual is less than £240... it's a steal for 4wd + 300bhp..

(I might even do the TSS in it... hahaha )

Spec K

Bloody sad day for me, Keith.... I offered them a ladder at the window, a five day break at Disney Paris and a grand spend... they declined, the ungrateful s*ds....

My advice to the future son-in-law? -  if it flies, floats or f**cks, rent it... and Golf R's fly....

Spec K

I'm going to wait out the warranty period then I have a few moderate modifications planned to keep the interest level consistent... I had my previous car (classic mini) for 10 years without really trying...

Mine did spend quite a bit of time in the garage in bits but I also drove it a heck of a lot...

This is also why with the GT86 I intend to take on the maintenance and perform as much of the upgrades myself once the warranty is over... Hence the ongoing cost will be as small as possible...

Im really undecided on how long to keep it, i love the looks and days when i can drive it as intended but the commute to work sat at 50 all the way it isn't the best car so I'm torn, ill give it a year i reckon and see then. 

Someone mentioned the 4 series gran coupe, i too am very tempted but far too expensive at the mo!

Long term keeper too! Too many smiles to get rid.  And each modification seems to make it seem "new" again!  But everybody's circumstances are different.

It's such a shame so many seem to be short term ownerships     :(