Riceburner

New version Available sept

Prefer the back end smooth myself.  I think if you are going to have a "look at me" wing you are gonna need the power to back it up.

And....  ??

I have only one question - does that "giraffe's ear abortion" work aerodynamically? Or is it just flim-flam bling poncy upgrade-for-the sake-of-it-the dealers-are screaming-for -something   shite ?

Rich - what is it? And if it works, what does it cost?

And....  ??

I have only one question - does that "giraffe's ear abortion" work aerodynamically? Or is it just flim-flam bling poncy upgrade-for-the sake-of-it-the dealers-are screaming-for -something   shite ?

Rich - what is it? And if it works, what does it cost?

I know it had some Nurburgring Testing! How much of this was for improvement / aero.. who knows?

Pshaw!

The 'Nurburgring' is shunned by true engineers... it has nothing to offer. It is merely a 'piccy/bling' opportunity.

I spent five hours with a proper chassis engineer yesterday. Accompanied by a true 'race car driver'. With another f/i GT86 owner. On circuits (plural)  designed to evaluate perfomance, not give piccy opportunites.

The results are

Spec K

All this negative talk :P  :P  and i cant even order one yet lol :angry: 

Personally i think this looks awsome

The kit has been tested on the ring as jay says,but to what extent i am not priveliged to that data.

I am getting withdrawal symptoms already :(  

Is that not the same rear wing you had on your black TRD, Rich?  If so, why all the sudden hate?  It has been extensively commented on months ago iono.gif

Is that not the same rear wing you had on your black TRD, Rich? If so, why all the sudden hate? It has been extensively commented on months ago iono.gif

Yeah Dave it's the same spoiler.The buyer of my TRD chose it over another TRD at a different branch because it had the spoiler.

But one mans cup of of tea is another mans poison as they say :)

A pity they not revised the standard power though

But is it? As we now all own a 200hp model a more powerful one would have a horrible effect on our re sale values, if/when they are sold.

A pity they not revised the standard power though

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

What could they do though? Maybe add 10bhp with a remap and possibly a cat back exhaust. There's not much to improve on elsewhere that won't have an impact on emissions. I very much doubt we will see a factory FI variant.

I am inclined to agree with Steve - Toyo are unlikely to offer an uprated version globally , as it would impact their huge worldwide aftermarket appeal. (Japan, Australia, USA..)

They might be tempted to try something in Europe, however..

(It would be good if we could get the 'basic' version, as offered elsewhere, for less than £20grand.. but it ain't gonna happen, I fear..)

Spec K

I don't think the basic version (after spending a week in it) will appeal to UK buyers. Also it's not how Toyota want to aim the car in the UK, they want it to be their premium car, so offering a poverty spec model is a non starter. This has been the case forever really, there are always lower spec models offered in the JDM, but only the top specs tend to be offered in the UK. 

I don't think TTE would be tempted to do anything really, we're not a big enough market in comparison to the Japanese, USA and Australian markets. 

A few special editions are likely to be the limit I think. 

If you want more power then you have to look to the aftermarket, the GT86 follows the AE86 in this respect with the basic car being the starting point. This is very evident on the scene and what I saw a lot of whilst in Japan. 

But like I've mentioned before Lauren, the cheaper poverty spec versions of say the Renaultsports (Cup versions) do pretty well, I see more Cup version available on sale than the full fat versions.  I honestly don't think that a poverty spec version would do too badly as long as people know what is available out there modification-wise, if people know they can pick up a base spec car for under £20k, plus mods to go FI etc for another £5k for example, £25k for something that out performs a lot of other things out there costing a lot more, I genuinely think people would be more willing to get a GT86.  The only down side to this is that not everyone out there is willing to do such a big modification but who knows.