Mike@TD.co.uk

GT86/BRZ/FR-S Manifold/Headers From Tuning Developments

We would be interested to work with someone who has a 100% factory car that we could run just the header with a remap to show the difference from the OE header.

Mike

That may well be me - but might be a bit of a wait whilst I save up. This year is supposed to be wheels and suspension...

Put it this way, when you DO get hold of it, my car will be stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

That may well be me - but might be a bit of a wait whilst I save up. This year is supposed to be wheels and suspension...

Put it this way, when you DO get hold of it, my car will be stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to give me a shout to discuss feel free :) 

On 3/21/2016 at 1:21 PM, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

We would be interested to work with someone who has a 100% factory car that we could run just the header with a remap to show the difference from the OE header.

:)

Mike

1st post, but this is also me.

My car is 100% stock, but from all the reading I've done, a replacement manifold would solve the one issue the car has form the factory.

I also live in Warrington :)

45 minutes ago, Mr Slow said:

My car is 100% stock, but from all the reading I've done, a replacement manifold would solve the one issue the car has form the factory.

I also live in Warrington :)

What issue is that?

On 3/21/2016 at 1:21 PM, Mike@TD.co.uk said: We would be interested to work with someone who has a 100% factory car that we could run just the header with a remap to show the difference from the OE header.

Mike

I also live in Warrington

And create another at MOT time.

Depends if he leaves the stock 2nd cat in or not. People only seem to get issues if running complete decat systems or high flow in the second position.

I'm looking forward to getting my TD manifold and over pipe fitted and mapped in the next couple of weeks! It's killing me not having it on the car everytime I look at it in the corner of my bedroom! 

Depends if he leaves the stock 2nd cat in or not. People only seem to get issues if running complete decat systems or high flow in the second position.

I'm looking forward to getting my TD manifold and over pipe fitted and mapped in the next couple of weeks! It's killing me not having it on the car everytime I look at it in the corner of my bedroom! 

The 2nd cat is too far away from the engine to pass a normal MOT test as it won't get hot enough. If they rag it around for a bit then yeah probably. Make sure you go to a tester that will be open to getting it through.

On 12/04/2016 at 10:09 PM, Foulsmell said:

The 2nd cat is too far away from the engine to pass a normal MOT test as it won't get hot enough. If they rag it around for a bit then yeah probably. Make sure you go to a tester that will be open to getting it through.

Keeping the stock cat in the secondary position should pass MOT with a decatted manifold without issues. It's when you swap it out for a high flow cat that you get issues in that regard.

On 14/04/2016 at 10:54 AM, S18 RSG said:

Keeping the stock cat in the secondary position should pass MOT with a decatted manifold without issues. It's when you swap it out for a high flow cat that you get issues in that regard.

I can confirm this worked for mine to get it through the mot.

On 14/04/2016 at 10:54 AM, S18 RSG said: Keeping the stock cat in the secondary position should pass MOT with a decatted manifold without issues. It's when you swap it out for a high flow cat that you get issues in that regard.

It may of passed the emissions test but it could still be a technical fail because two cats are not present.

10 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

It may of passed the emissions test but it could still be a technical fail because two cats are not present.

we only need 1 cat for UK MOT purposes, it's other markets that are stricter on the emissions (particularly cold start emissions) which is why there are 2 of them and that annoying cold start up

19 minutes ago, Tareim said:

we only need 1 cat for UK MOT purposes, it's other markets that are stricter on the emissions (particularly cold start emissions) which is why there are 2 of them and that annoying cold start up

Really beginning to sweat over mine now, ha ha. Full Alunox custom system from adamj29 and decatted apart from a 200 cell sports cat. Will it pass - god knows! ha ha. 

10 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:  

Errr wrong.

759260aa9d5a1e109d4fe486f2237f97.jpg

10 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:   I can confirm this worked for mine to get it through the mot.

Errr wrong.

759260aa9d5a1e109d4fe486f2237f97.jpg

I have a secondary decat pipe which is clear that it doesn't have a cat and passed my MOT and it wasn't one of those fiddled jobbies that some people do

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk