Mike@TD.co.uk

GT86/BRZ/FR-S Manifold/Headers From Tuning Developments

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yep, we thought his Tomei manifold wasn't cutting it, when I talked to Kev about it before. But obviously he's gone for the TD EL with their remap over what he had before. His figures were low on the rolling road shoot out last time round at TD. You could see compared to mine that his fuelling was on the rich side when it didn't need to be. 

Quite tempted now, but not sure what to do in terms of a cat. 

The one that @Mark@Abbey M/S is testing sounds like it'd be a good one if you went for TD's decatted manifold

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yep, we thought his Tomei manifold wasn't cutting it, when I talked to Kev about it before. But obviously he's gone for the TD EL with their remap over what he had before. His figures were low on the rolling road shoot out last time round at TD. You could see compared to mine that his fuelling was on the rich side when it didn't need to be. 

Quite tempted now, but not sure what to do in terms of a cat. 

Don't think Indy would like a cat ;)

Well, Kev's already got a horribly loud exhaust, so mine is starting as quieter than his was. I don't want mine much louder than it already is really. 

Yes, Sam, I could buy another cat, or get the second cat out of storage and use that. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Well, Kev's already got a horribly loud exhaust, so mine is starting as quieter than his was. I don't want mine much louder than it already is really. 

Yes, Sam, I could buy another cat, or get the second cat out of storage and use that. 

Decent additional silencer in the exhaust will get the volume under control Lauren.

Mines not really louder than stock with the second cat in place and standard cat back system. Probably too quiet for most, so it's that second stock cat that seems to keep the noise down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/19/2016 at 0:55 PM, S18 RSG said:

17hp gain over a different EL manifold and tune? Sounds like there were issues with Kev's car/tune if he gained that much. That's a similar gain as you'd expect compared to stock.

So Kev has now removed his Tomei UEL header and fitted a TD header and re-tuned on a dyno?

On 8/20/2016 at 9:55 PM, Nicebiscuit said:

Mines not really louder than stock with the second cat in place and standard cat back system. Probably too quiet for most, so it's that second stock cat that seems to keep the noise down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stock CAT BAck exhaust does a very very good job of silencing the noise too Joe :)

2 hours ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

So Kev has now removed his Tomei UEL header and fitted a TD header and re-tuned on a dyno?

Correct Mark yes. Tomei came off and one of ours went on in its place, with tuning to suit.