DanJ

Dan J's BRZ

Same problem mine had.

The joy of modern super safe crash structures. A pain in a relatively light impact like ours, but a life saver in a much bigger off.

40 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Car is now stripped, unfortunately the chassis leg is tweaked as well so it needs to go on a jig and be straightened, bugger!

ouch, sounds expensive

It's seemed like an eternity (probably because it has been!) but I should have the BRZ back in a week. It finally went on the jig earlier this week, it was 5mm out at the front wishbone pickup, not much but enough to warrant sorting it properly.

Got a set of Toms tail lights winging their way over from Japan, the first cosmetic only mod but a worthy one to start with I think :)

DSCF4042.JPG

Nope @Paul I made sure there was a backup option before booking!

You and me both @Ade can't wait to drive it again. The Leon FR I'm tooling round in isn't dog slow, but its wrong wheel drive and like driving a canal barge in comparison! I'm not a huge fan of Valentis, but agree that they look alright on a red.

One gutting thing about seeing it all stripped down like that is the thought of how much easier it would be to fit the oil cooler in that condition.

3 hours ago, Ade said:

Glad its finally getting sorted mate. I fancy some tail lights at some point. Valenti ones look good on red I reckon.

If you're not afraid of a little wiring mine will be going up shortly.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:28 PM, DanJ said:

Nope @Paul I made sure there was a backup option before booking!

You and me both @Ade can't wait to drive it again. The Leon FR I'm tooling round in isn't dog slow, but its wrong wheel drive and like driving a canal barge in comparison! I'm not a huge fan of Valentis, but agree that they look alright on a red.

One gutting thing about seeing it all stripped down like that is the thought of how much easier it would be to fit the oil cooler in that condition.

I was thinking that about the oil cooler too! 

So all is not lost! 

My car isn't going be ready until late Monday and the 350Z is being serviced so I'm having to postpone the CAT day tomorrow, have a good one and hopefully you won't get too drenched!

Well that sucks! Dont get me wrong it's now 3v1 training which is great but was looking forward to catching up. See the car at TD or Japfest?

So I got her back a couple of a weeks ago, finally had a free day to give it a good wash, fit the Toms tail lights, diffuser and debadge the boot in preparation for the TRD spoiler which is painted and ready to fit soon.

All in all a productive and very pleasing day :-)

There's also a pic of the fender garnish with the horrible chrome painted gun metal to match the wheels, its subtle but I'm really glad I decided to do it.

2017-03-19 12.14.37.jpg

2017-03-19 17.03.45.jpg

2017-03-19 17.04.58.jpg

2017-03-19 17.08.03.jpg

2017-03-19 17.08.30.jpg

Think its about time I updated the modifications list too as that's properly out of date now!

Mods already fitted (pretty much in chronological order that they went on):

Centre console armrest

OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 ET48 with 225/45 Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Spacesaver rear wheel with Aygo tie down and foam boot floor support

F+R Brembo Calipers from a 2010 Impreza WRX STi

F+R MTEC Discs with Performance Friction Pads

F+R Braided Brake Line Kit

Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

Laile Beatrush Master Cylinder Brace

M-Factory 4.67 FD

Powerflex Rear Sub-frame and Diff Bush Inserts

Harrop Supercharger Kit

Xtrons Android Head Unit

HKS Hypermax Coilovers (bought second hand, springs replaced with Eibach 48 N/mm F and 53 N/mm R)

Whiteline F+R ARBs (20mm F and 16mm R)

Eibach adjustable RLCAs

Superpro FLCA bushes

Cobra HFC (larger brick size than standard as supplied by Abbey Motorsport)

HKS Spec L Exhaust with Carbon Tips

Fender garnishes with centre strip painted to match wheels

Toms Rear Tail lights

Rear bumper diffuser

Mods coming soon:

TRD Duckbill Rear Spoiler

Oil cooler with custom rapid prototype ducting

ECU Patch Harness + Oil Pressure Sensor and RACEROM map to back off engine power if oil pressure drops too low

Future Plans:

TBD Manifold + Zircotect ceramic coating

Finish Puma Rally Car!

Sadly not, works been so busy that I've neglected my car :(  I really need to get something sorted before show season starts......annoyingly I was in the middle of getting a quote from someone but then he's not bothered responding to my messages so I've given up on him and now have to find someone else :( 

I know its a bit of a trek but Finishline where I took mine were excellent. There were a couple of bits I wasn't happy about initially so they took it back in no questions asked and then painted and fitted the new spoiler for free to apologise for the inconvenience.

Those of you who were at Bedford in August will know that I left driving something akin to a tractor. It was definitely the manifold blowing but where from was the question?

This is the offending article. It has failed right along the heat affected zone from the weld. Very poor design!067f4013625e33fc91d203e53974eb8a.jpg