DanJ

Dan J's BRZ

3 hours ago, Gudzy said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for the caliper refurb and swapping the bleed nipple?

Best to email them for a quote as like Dan, I got a good discount in Jan sales.

It also depends if piston are okay or need replacing, and if the nipple come out easily or if they are seized and what kind of paint service you want. There are lots of options.... :)

Ooooo so you have the SC kit?

Not yet, waiting till March payday for that, but I've already sorted out access to a workshop, will be self-fitting with my Dad's assistance :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Gudzy said: If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for the caliper refurb and swapping the bleed nipple?

Best to email them for a quote as like Dan, I got a good discount in Jan sales.

It also depends if piston are okay or need replacing, and if the nipple come out easily or if they are seized and what kind of paint service you want. There are lots of options....

Agreed, I've gone for the options that give a 4year warranty, before any additional costs for parts/seals it was £380 for F+R with the discounts.

I'd separately sorted out timeserts for the threads on the rear calipers, even if the existing aluminium threads are good its well worth doing this when there's no time pressure to get the car back on the road!

Ooooo so you have the SC kit?

Not yet, waiting till March payday for that, but I've already sorted out access to a workshop, will be self-fitting with my Dad's assistance :-)

Cool. We'll chat on monday but if you have any questions or queries during the install you can pm me or message Matt Feasey.

Cheers

Great, thanks. I had a long chat to Matt at the Autosport Show, as a mechanical engineer working in product development myself it was that which pretty much convinced me the Cosworth SC is the way to go for me!

29 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Great, thanks. I had a long chat to Matt at the Autosport Show, as a mechanical engineer working in product development myself it was that which pretty much convinced me the Cosworth SC is the way to go for me!

Yep pretty much the same story for me. There is a thread somewhere, where he talks in detail about their testing procedure.

After a miserable day weather wise my mood was brightened considerably by the news that the Harrop SC kit has arrived at Abbey Motorsport and is now on its way to me :)

I originally had the last weekend of the month scheduled for fitting all the "coming soon" upgrades, I somehow doubt I'll be able to wait until then!

Hi Bles,

Yes I'm self-fitting, will flash the base map Mark supplied with the kit on to the ECU.

Dan.

Rather frustratingly we've had to call it a day, the cooler was a real bitch to fit, lots of fettling of holes required and a blind assembly of the top holes.

After much swearing its in, so after a good night's sleep there's a little bit of plumbing to finish then the coolant goes in, ECU flashed with start map and the real fun begins :-)

Yeah we could've done it all in a day if the intercooler was a better fit.

Calipers are very good, bleeds have been swapped. Only adjustment required was alignment of the pad guides, were a little tight on two of them.

Biggest issue is the second hand HKS coilovers, the damper adjusters are corroded to hell as are the nuts for adjusting the length of the strut.

Solutions for that will wait, plan for tomorrow is to get SC and brakes done and mock up the oil cooler install.

Looking forward to see the oil cooler setup.

I probably spent 20hours installing my cosworth setup. I did it on my own in small ish chunks and spent some time cleaning the green goo.

Fingers crossed BCS get mine back to me soon.

I'd be interested to see the Cosworth instructions, the Harrop ones are vague in places, I've taken lots of pics of key stages to fill in the gaps for others.

The intercooler plumbing may cause a rethink for the oil cooler ducting, time will tell tomorrow!

Hope BCS deliver for you soon.

I do like MTEC, had their discs on my old MG and did improve the braking, it's a shame they don't offer a disc for the GT86 in it's standard measurements