smudge

Smudge's GT86 - supercharged V8 build

Blimey, haven't updated this for a while!

As some of you know, I finally had enough with being messed around and seeing little to no progress with the guy that's been doing the V8 swap since April 2016. I took the car from him a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a more trusted place called Carson Performance complete whatever is left to do.

At first glance, there wasn't a huge amount of work that needed doing. Just small, fiddly bits like fuel lines, oil system for the supercharger etc. However, on closer inspection, we've unfortunately had to backtrack and redo some of the substandard work from the previous garage in order to make sure things are done properly and to a standard both Carson and I are happy with. 

This means that we've spent 2 weeks essentially redoing work where corners have been cut. Not ideal, but at least we have peace of mind that everything is being checked to ensure we dont run into any problems once it is finally up and running...hopefully!

Timescales now? Probably another 4-6weeks I reckon, but know knows what else we'll come across that will stop us from progressing further. 

There's light at the end of the tunnel and I've begun to find some love for it again. The guys at Carson also have an 86 so there's a personal passion for the car and their enthusiasm shines through the fantastic work they do. I'm kept up to date almost daily, even when it's bad news so that we can agree on a solution. 

Will try and keep this updated, hopefully with some good news soon.

Glad to hear there's some progress, sad to hear we won't see it at Japfest this year. But I'm assuming it will be ready for Japfest Donington?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Glad to hear there's some progress, sad to hear we won't see it at Japfest this year. But I'm assuming it will be ready for Japfest Donington?

Yes mate should be there for that, along with many other shows this year too. Time to finally show it off wherever I can!

42 minutes ago, smudge said:

Yes mate should be there for that, along with many other shows this year too. Time to finally show it off wherever I can!

I'll have to get a ticket then. :)