itsuki

BEWARE! Tuning Developments are scammers

I was waiting for the situation to be resolved to give an update, but given how people have started chipping in again I thought I'd share how things are going on my side:

Mike finally replied and told me the manifold was on it's way, but wasn't able to give a delivery company or tracking number the multiple times I asked, let alone an expected date of arrival.

After some back and forth I asked Mike for a refund, and to his credit he accepted and told me he would make a bank transfer the following day. That was 2 weeks ago, I still haven't gotten my money back and have sent 3 emails that received no reply. So yeah, not great.

19 hours ago, maurice said:

While it’s good to inform members that there are issues, that is something of a libellous thread title. I’d change it to something more accurate..

There's enough evidence - both personal and documented in third-party reviews to justify the claim, further evidenced by TD not bothering to engage, and then lie further about shipping then lie about refunds.

Didn't have a great follow up customer experience with Mike & TD after getting a manifold & tune done. Didn't want to vent as an internet forum not really a graceful place for it but since people are speaking up please allow me to add for completeness sake.

Disbelief on his part that anything could be wrong with the work they'd done and an unwillingness to look at the car again followed by an email or two before no reply. Finally got a reply out the blue to say I could bring it in by which time I'd washed my hands of them.

I just started to write an email to them to ask for the branch resonator back I now assume (thanks W300) they threw away after fitting the manifold but from the way this thread reads I'll perhaps not waste my energy.

All our performance at work wavers at times it's natural. It was the stubbornness to accept so afterwards that annoyed me. Or at least a ready willingness to help resolve/understand the problem.

Green customer wrong mmkay.

My mate has a integra In Which he trusted Tuning development to install a turbo kit for it. On arrival they parked his car outside on street in which a van reversed into it causing a lot of damage. Granted not there fault but this is just the start. Car was running really rough and when turning from a stand still the car would stall. After trying to get in contact with them they didn’t seem interested to sort anything out for him. In the end he was advised by RB motorsport to get it back on the dyno. Turned out that the mapping was all over the place and potentially dangerous for the engine. After paying elsewhere for a new remap he is now running 400bhp  and car is running sweet as a nut . 

Interesting thread....

I've not signed into this forum for a long time, but thought i'd come along to try and contact Tuning Developments via here and spotted this in the top threads...

Has anyone received an order from them recently? I placed an order on their website. Got order confirmation but then nothing. Complete silence, no communication in emails or facebook and no sign of the product which is urgently needed. (Paid for the faster shipping option too)

It's unlike Tuning Developments i've seen in the past 10 years or so. Reading through it looks like they're going through a location move, but thats no excuse to ignore customers who have placed orders? If they're not able to process orders, maybe turn off the website or make customers aware of delays. 

I hate coming online and bashing companies publicly but when trying to resolve this privately i'm getting no where.... 

3 hours ago, GT86Jay said:

Interesting thread....

I've not signed into this forum for a long time, but thought i'd come along to try and contact Tuning Developments via here and spotted this in the top threads...

Has anyone received an order from them recently? I placed an order on their website. Got order confirmation but then nothing. Complete silence, no communication in emails or facebook and no sign of the product which is urgently needed. (Paid for the faster shipping option too)

It's unlike Tuning Developments i've seen in the past 10 years or so. Reading through it looks like they're going through a location move, but thats no excuse to ignore customers who have placed orders? If they're not able to process orders, maybe turn off the website or make customers aware of delays. 

I hate coming online and bashing companies publicly but when trying to resolve this privately i'm getting no where.... 

Complete radio silence. 

My bank has also been unable to recover my funds from them too which makes you question this even further. 

34 minutes ago, Sking said:

Complete radio silence. 

My bank has also been unable to recover my funds from them too which makes you question this even further. 

Oh ffs don't say that. I'm just about to start the chargeback process with my bank as Mike offered me a refund and hasn't replied to a single email since (must be 3 or 4 weeks now since he offered the refund).

It’s very odd what was a business with a decent reputation has thrown it away like this over a ‘move’. It doesn’t make sense, I wonder if there have been personal issues or something, clearly this isn’t just a case of moving premises.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, maurice said:

It’s very odd what was a business with a decent reputation has thrown it away like this over a ‘move’. It doesn’t make sense, I wonder if there have been personal issues or something, clearly this isn’t just a case of moving premises.

It's rather bizarre in all honesty

3 hours ago, ThatGuyThere said:

@KevinA are you still in contact with them?! Think the time for patience is running out...

Agreed. I'll allow Mike another 14 days, but will begin compulsory wind up procedure on this company which I'm more than happy to see through regardless of cost on my end. 

Still radio silence for me. Doesn't look like we'll be getting product or money back. I'm amazed a company can operate ignoring customer emails, socials and orders. (or maybe they can't)  

Poor show. 

On 3/8/2022 at 10:03 PM, Gary p said:

My mate has a integra In Which he trusted Tuning development to install a turbo kit for it. On arrival they parked his car outside on street in which a van reversed into it causing a lot of damage. Granted not there fault but this is just the start. Car was running really rough and when turning from a stand still the car would stall. After trying to get in contact with them they didn’t seem interested to sort anything out for him. In the end he was advised by RB motorsport to get it back on the dyno. Turned out that the mapping was all over the place and potentially dangerous for the engine. After paying elsewhere for a new remap he is now running 400bhp  and car is running sweet as a nut . 

That’s interesting I had the same issue. Car was up TD for a couple of weeks and apparently the day before I was to collect it was hit.

Iv now sold my 86 but after speaking to others that had spent big money there like myself it seems a case of you get what you pay for. Like Martin I had the issue of the super res breaking which is obviously a design/welding fault. And another for all of you turbo owners it may be worth checking your mounting bolts and oil feed. I thought I had an air leak but was the manifold bolts working them self loose, and the oil line came loose and spat oil over the turbo and engine which was worrying seeing all the smoke, I also know this happened to another owner too.

that being said though I done a few track days with mine and it never let me down just a few small teething and quality issues which probably comes as part of the gamble when their kit is much cheaper 

16 hours ago, Sking said:

Does anyone have any update to the Tuning Development situation, they have maintained silence towards me.

The only one who said he was in contact with them is our forum/group admin, who has also gone silent after offering a lacklustre defence of the guy. Not a good look whatsoever, he's clearly checked-out of this place.

Same, I’ve not got any updates either. My bank were happy I’ve done everything I can so it’s just a case of waiting for the chargeback process to run it’s course.

There was myself and afew others who knew about how TD was up to shady stuff.

I've owned my 86 for about 3 years and have known about this for the past 2 years. I never ever made a thread about it simply because TD had almost a cult like status and anything negative you said about then would get shot down.

Poor parts, poor design, awful quality. Stories of Mike scamming and extorting other owners of this car platform. There are countless stories about his shady practice and even instances where he had over charged his customers only to later stitch himself up and go quiet on people.

His constant reply of 'the courier has it' and 'I'm packaging the item today'. All of these kinds of messages and then not providing tracking numbers etc is just lies when really he hasn't done anything.

Even regarding his forged builds, other owners have questioned why he uses 'skunk2' conrods and his reply was simply 'most people for what they use it for will do fine with this type of rod's' knowing full well that it's a poor quality product - certainly a product he's willing to fit into your engine but not his own.

But his actions have consequences and I'm glad people can finally see how he conducts his business.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk