Leeky

High Pressure Fuel Pump Warranty Replacement

Hi Guys n Gals

I recently took my 2014 86 into my dealer for the chirping high pressure fuel pump issue.

I went armed with the latest 2016 Scion TSB which states the latest pump part number as SU003-07326. This is the version that should fix the noise finally.

They confirmed they will change the pump under warranty but tell me the part number they have been advised by Toyota to fit is exactly the same one I already have!

However, Toyota wont tell me what the part number is that they are fitting. As its the same as my existing pump and its a 2014 car I can only assume its not the new 2016 pump.

Anyone else been down this road?

Yeah there are 4x versions of the Pump -

2012 - SU003-00328

Rev2 - SU003-05176

Rev3 - SU003-06089

Rev4 - SU003-07326

It looks like I'll be getting another SU003-00328 which does seem pointless and a waste of both mine and Toyota's time when they could just fit the new SU003-07326 pump.

Totally, there is no recall. They are changing it under warranty; which is great!

But cant get my head around why they arent fitting the latest part number... seems pointless if the issue just ends up coming back.

11 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Totally, there is no recall. They are changing it under warranty; which is great!

But cant get my head around why they arent fitting the latest part number... seems pointless if the issue just ends up coming back.

As long as it doesn't do it as you go out the door they won't be bothered well that's most of them anyway😤

Replaced today. In case anyone was interested, they appear to have fitted another SU003-00328.

It looks like only the US get the later revisions of the pump.

2 hours ago, Leeky said:

Replaced today. In case anyone was interested, they appear to have fitted another SU003-00328.

It looks like only the US get the later revisions of the pump.

It's probably down to stock and what they have and where. The UK may still be using up stock of the older units.

Highly doubt it. What may differ - amount of knock, and thus learned fuel trims/degree of retarding timings by ECU. Not pump operating noise. How fuel octane rating may affect pump operating noise?

Of course i'd probably wouldn't care about that noise at all. As long as pump does it's job reliably, some extra noises here and there imho not worth bothering.

Apparently its the stronger fuel that makes them chirp. If you use 95 it’ll apparently be quieter than 97. I use vpower 99 always so not surprised mine was loud.

5 hours ago, knightryder said:

It's probably down to stock and what they have and where. The UK may still be using up stock of the older units.

Totally :)

Sorry, “V-Power Nitro+“ specifically :) lol

I think they still sell regular V-Power (nee Optimax) 98ron in some places. But luckily Nitro+ is available everywhere near me :) 

Good to see you have had it replaced under warranty without issues (apart from as you say strangely replacing with the same part)

I really want mine doing before I go on my european road trip April year. It isn't gonna look cool in the Monaco traffic with a chirpy fuel pump and tbh it just annoys me :lol: