smudge

Rear seat delete group buy

Evening all,

Been looking at these very tidy rear seat deletes by Shrader Performance recently, and thought I'd see if there's any interest to get a group buy going.

http://shraderperformance.com/shop/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/RSD_FRS1wm.jpg

The rear seat delete from Shrader Performance is available for your GT86 platform. Made from heat-formed ABS plastic and covered in matching black automotive carpet, this kit provides hidden storage space under the lower panels, drops 23 lbs overall from the car, and still provides easy access to the trunk by laying the rear panel down. This is one of our more complex designs, with 4 separate panels included. Includes sound deadening to dampen road noise.

The RSD kit is removable when needed. NO WOOD is used in this unit, so no warping boards, or stinky wood panels that absorb moisture. Hardware and detailed instructions included. We use factory holes for mounting. No drilling or cutting.

NOTE: Previously a sound insulation option was offered. This is now STANDARD on all kits! This adds insulation attached to the back of the trunk access panel, and additional padding under the lower panels.

Haven't managed to confirm group buy prices just yet, but at a minimum we'd save a fair bit on shipping. Worst case scenario, these cost £290 each (plus and customs charges we may get stung with of course, but there's no helping that sometimes)

So, who is genuinely interested?

1. smudge

2. Minion

3. KevinA

4. DanJ

5. Paul

6. Cerastes

1 hour ago, Cerastes said:

Tempted. 

The carbon fibre seibon price is ridiculous compared to this. 

Any other pics? 

My interior is all leather so not sure how it will look :unsure: 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Shrader+Performance+GT86+REAR+SEAT+DELETE&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVpLO2t-rWAhWB5RoKHSLQAAIQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1014

1 hour ago, Rich196 said:

Pending price and the state of my car fund I could be in. The rear seats are pointless!

Worst case will be £290 delivered. I'd imagine we'd save about £30 on shipping in bulk per order so probably nearer the £250 mark but yet to confirm 

Need a definite yes or no in the next week or 2

11 minutes ago, smudge said:

Worst case will be £290 delivered. I'd imagine we'd save about £30 on shipping in bulk per order so probably nearer the £250 mark but yet to confirm 

are you looking to get discount on the purchase price with the group order too?

30 minutes ago, smudge said:

Just so we know what to expect if we did get hit with tax would it just be 20% on top of that price to pay?

I think I'll be in, like @Rich196 said the rear seats are pointless. 

The only issue I have is what I will do with the leather rear seats, my loft is already full of OEM parts :lol: 

It's not saving a huge amount of weight either, just over 10kg. But it's better than nothing and I never use the rear seats so I may as well. 

18 hours ago, Minion said:

Just so we know what to expect if we did get hit with tax would it just be 20% on top of that price to pay?

If there is a charge (which I'd imagine quite likely on a large order) it'll be VAT + Import duty + courier company charge

21 hours ago, Cerastes said:

I think I'll be in, like @Rich196 said the rear seats are pointless. 

The only issue I have is what I will do with the leather rear seats, my loft is already full of OEM parts :lol: 

It's not saving a huge amount of weight either, just over 10kg. But it's better than nothing and I never use the rear seats so I may as well. 

Don't you do the TSS? If so I'd double check the regulations around removing the interior, might put you in the pro class.

35 minutes ago, maurice said:

Don't you do the TSS? If so I'd double check the regulations around removing the interior, might put you in the pro class.

Yep, that would put him up a class. 

I think I was going to be in that class anyway if I bought Pilot Sport 4's?

I don't do TSS to win, I have no chance of that. I just do it for fun so not sure it really matters what class I am in. Unless there are more regulations I have to adhere to if I am in Pro; ie like a roll cage and/or fire extinguisher; I really don't want to go into all that.  

45 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

So I could still get this and PS4 and be in N1-S next year?

Suggestion seems to be that changing the tyres will be fine, but this rear seat delete might bump you up.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Finally had some confirmation from the manufacturer about pricing 

eBay is the easiest way to process international orders, so please use the link below to purchase your own:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222677250858

With the group buy, we can input an offer price of $275 which will be accepted and shipped out within 1 business day. A saving of $50 which is fairly significant

The offer is available until the end of October so don't hesitate! Let me know once you've ordered yours :)