RyanKirkUK

Fuel type

Sorry if it has been answered already, the search function doesn't seem to work on my phone.

Fuel for the 86, should it be run on premium fuel?

Also, for long journeys does shell fuelsave make any difference or would the engine burning premium fuel be more efficient?

98RON as per manual and fuel cap. Can run on 95 but will be at reduced power, and will take a tank or so to re-adjust to 98. Basically you're bet off with Vpower. 

I put 99 Tesco momentum in mine 

"Both Shell V-Power Nitro + 99 and Tesco Momentum 99 use ethanol to boost the octane, the Tesco fuel made by Greenergy does have a slightly higher MON rating so works very well in turbocharged cars. I've read the datasheets and Shell does have less ethanol/methanol/iso-alcohol in the mix."

Thanks all!

I didn't intend on ever using supermarket fuel which it is unfortunately running on now as the dealership filled it up.

Vpower it is. No idea where to find nitro+, my shell don't stock it.

Anyone had any use with the 99RON Costco fuel? Thinking about a Costco card seen as one literally a mile away from me in Oldham. Last time I heard it was at least 10 or 15p cheaper than V power.

v power is the best as its consistent, Tesco is the next best imo but their ethanol mix is inconsistent (or so I have been told) and it could just be a bit of a trash batch. However tesco is next to my gym and is cheap so i use tesco momentum most of the time : )

13 hours ago, Ccolleavy said:

Anyone had any use with the 99RON Costco fuel? Thinking about a Costco card seen as one literally a mile away from me in Oldham. Last time I heard it was at least 10 or 15p cheaper than V power.

I think it's the same as Tesco; they buy it off Greenergy.

Both Shell and Tesco use close to the maximum 5% ethanol in their fuel.

I've not heard of inconsistencies with Tesco fuel and Greenergy publish fuel analysis reports on their website so it's easy to check.

Let's be honest, there is virtually no useful comparisons online between momentum & V-power, it's all he said she said... The bloke down the pub told me... A guy who works at a refinery told me Tesco don't put nivea revitalift with age defying tank cleaners in their petrol.

I get same mileage from both and the engine sounds the same...

On 16/09/2017 at 5:12 PM, Lowe said:

98RON as per manual and fuel cap. Can run on 95 but will be at reduced power, and will take a tank or so to re-adjust to 98. Basically you're bet off with Vpower. 

Indeed. I suffered this out in the hebrides. Not a jot of high octane to be seen, so travelled 350 miles with lacklustre performance. The car feels distinctly average on 95.