TTR

TTR's part out thread (Coilovers, UEL, Gear stick)

Sooooooo yeah. I'm parting out my car. 

I have for sale:

BC BR Coilover kit: £450 (9 months old, done maybe 12k miles on these and some track time)

Tuning Developments UEL: £400 (had this one for about 6 months, covered about 4k miles on it? Previous owners had another 10k on it I think) SOLD

Anarchy Motive Goliath gear stick: £50

Will stick some photos up this evening.

All items located in Milton Keynes.  

1 minute ago, Adam9 said:

Will take the UEL depending on how we can arrange collection/delivery

That was quick :lol:

Drop me a PM :)

3 minutes ago, Deacon said:

How come @TTR?

Got an M4 on the way and I feel like I'd want to spend at least another £7k on the BRZ to get it to where I want it to be as a track car. When I could just sell the BRZ and buy a dedicated track car for that money anyway it kinda didn't weigh up in the BRZ's favour. 

I'll probably end up crying when I sell it and regret it for ages :lol:

But oh well I should have a track toy and a fast daily to keep me happy I suppose! 

25 minutes ago, Steeps said:

Should have bought a Focus RS m8.

Take the M4 on track  :D

(I'd love the Ohlins but my budget has gone)

That's what credit cards are for right? ;)

40 minutes ago, TTR said:

Got an M4 on the way and I feel like I'd want to spend at least another £7k on the BRZ to get it to where I want it to be as a track car. When I could just sell the BRZ and buy a dedicated track car for that money anyway it kinda didn't weigh up in the BRZ's favour. 

But oh well I should have a track toy and a fast daily to keep me happy I suppose! 

Track toy - the answers always MX5 surely? 😁 This chaps videos convinced me anyway:-

48 minutes ago, TTR said:

How much of a test drive did you do in the M4? 

I took one out the other day and, although faster in a straight line, it felt much more cumbersome and heavy than my supercharged 86. Almost like taking a boat out, because I wasn't really feeling the road.

25 minutes ago, willfmair said:

Not parting out wheels/rear lights etc? :D

Wheels are sold already and rear lights were promised to a friend! 

2 hours ago, TTR said:

I'm still regretting selling mine :( but contracted into my new car so will have to stick with that for awhile now

2 hours ago, TTR said:

That's what credit cards are for right? ;)

The credit card is fine, it's the earning at the end of the day to pay it off that's lacking right now. £5 a month for the next 30 years?  :D

No way! 

You've got to keep the BRZ, I was so dying to show you how to brake like a ballerina when it comes to trail braking. Thought of you today when I was going round Donny setting my entry to every corner with the most delicate touch of the brake. Was some kind of wonderful. 

Keep the BRZ and I'll show you. Then you can work out what you really need to spend. :)

53 minutes ago, Lauren said:

No way! 

You've got to keep the BRZ, I was so dying to show you how to brake like a ballerina when it comes to trail braking. Thought of you today when I was going round Donny setting my entry to every corner with the most delicate touch of the brake. Was some kind of wonderful. 

Keep the BRZ and I'll show you. Then you can work out what you really need to spend. :)

It's not just the extra money (Turbo/BBK at a minimum really). I'm having some warranty issues that are really putting me off the car. 

35 minutes ago, TTR said:

It's not just the extra money (Turbo/BBK at a minimum really). I'm having some warranty issues that are really putting me off the car. 

What's the warranty issues?

7 minutes ago, Deacon said:

What's the warranty issues?

Diff/Gearbox. Wanting me to pay for labour to diagnose a fault. 

3 minutes ago, TTR said:

Diff/Gearbox. Wanting me to pay for labour to diagnose a fault. 

I guess this is the big downside of the BRZ over the 86 - no RRG to sort the warranty stuff sensibly ☹️

1 hour ago, TTR said:

43 minutes ago, knightryder said:

You'll love a BMW then....

:lol: so true.