So I drove a couple of miles to the shops, everything working fine. Came out of the shops and started the car and got a CEL. A scan told me the error code was U0037 which is something to do with canbus A not communicating, I'm way out of my depth now. The drive home without the dongle was fine so I shall blame the scanner for now.

That happens with Torque, basically Torque does a scan when it connects to find the ECU type and if it does it at the wrong time the car isn't happy about it. Usually happens if the dongle is connected and Torque is running before you start the car up. Just clear it the code with Torque.

That makes sense Mike as it exactly how I started the car on that occasion. I have just tried to recreate the situation but this time no cel so I guess that under those circumstances it is as and when the ecu feels like it

Thanks for all your hints guys! I also bought the Bluetooth OBD2-Code-Reader ELM 327 as others in this forum did.
Then I've set the custom PID as

OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 
OBD Header: Auto

My problem is that the Oil Temperature then only shows up when I initially start the App (while being connected to the Bluetooth OBD2 reader).
After like 10seconds the value disappears and does not return until I restart the phone.

Anyone know this issue?
(I use the latest android on Samsung S8 and the latest Torque Pro App Version).

On 6/9/2019 at 6:49 PM, alfredo said:

Thanks for all your hints guys! I also bought the Bluetooth OBD2-Code-Reader ELM 327 as others in this forum did.
Then I've set the custom PID as

OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 
OBD Header: Auto

My problem is that the Oil Temperature then only shows up when I initially start the App (while being connected to the Bluetooth OBD2 reader).
After like 10seconds the value disappears and does not return until I restart the phone.

Anyone know this issue?
(I use the latest android on Samsung S8 and the latest Torque Pro App Version).

Hello,

I am facing exactly the same issue... were you able to solve it somehow?

All this PID tech confuses the life out of me. Click and hold for long and you get so many options to readily use. Why do all this in a complicated way? @martin T a bit of torque fun for us poor cousins not having the latest tech.

Screenshot_20200426-102249_Torque.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Problem is, that I have a pre-facelift model so no OEM oil temp and for the early models (mine is 2013) they used a different PID (2101 instead of 015C..) which is not supported by the apps as standard.. that's why I need a workaround with torque... and it is actually working, but I don't understand, that why only for some seconds...

Problem is, that I have a pre-facelift model so no OEM oil temp and for the early models (mine is 2013) they used a different PID (2101 instead of 015C..) which is not supported by the apps as standard.. that's why I need a workaround with torque... and it is actually working, but I don't understand, that why only for some seconds...

Mine is a 2014, so is mine 015C then as I don't need these funny workarounds.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk