alucardo

Manifolds

I have been looking into supercharging and turbo charging but I have decided that for the gains for supercharging is abit to expensive for me at this point in time. However I am looking into headers and an ecu remap.

I currently have a tuning developments resonated cat back and pipercross filter and nothing else so was look for a manifold. Tuning developments have a decent looking package here:

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_625_852&products_id=2567

Obviously  I want to keep the db down to a minimum so any other recommendations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qf6rhRgJD4 - is abit to loud for my tastes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfNQbvPlGI - seems much better

I had my BRZ remapped at tuning developments and couldn't recommend them enough i didnt meet nick but mike was an awesome guy to chat to, if i didn't already purchase my current set up i defo would've had the TD parts 

Sounds like Tuning Developments will be your obvious option, particularly so if you want to turbocharge later. No brainer really. You'll get a big improvement with the manifold and remap. 

I have the TD el mani and overpipe with remap. Its a good set up that removes the torque dip and gives a few extra horses. The bonus is that if you go turbo at a later date then the mani is already in place for that.

Yes I was just wondering how loud it will be the with resonated cat back I have so was just seeing what people are running an how loud they are. I do track days in mine so do not want to go loud. I did see your comments in the TD manifold thread 'Andrew Smith' so if the cat back is to loud with the manifold could revert back to the stock exhaust.

Yes. Catless exhaust header in general increases loudness, and many catbacks that were "just right" with stock header often can become too loud to owners taste. Imho the more reason start with header for performance reasons and find fitting catback later on. It's different if one later installs turbo instead of staying NA or installing SC, as turbo muffles noise.

Imho no youtube recordings will tell good enough for evaluating real loudness level. Best bet would be to go to some meet and hear in person setups one plans to buy.

Milltek non-res cat back + TD manifold (stock 2nd cat) - 94dB static, dunno about drive by but I was on the radar at Croft last year when flat foot shifting almost right next to the check - no issues elsewhere.

Check with Mike at TD but I think their resonated exhaust is quieter than a non-res Miltek so you should be fine with track days.

I have the TD manifold and remap. Another thumbs up from me.

I still have the second cat in place. If you're still running that I'd have thought a resonated cat back would be ok?

It's what I've got planned next anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: is the second cat alone enough to pass the MOT emissions test?  Do they visually inspect for the first cat?

On my CRZ, it's the other way round: first cat with O2 sensor left in place, second cat replaced with HKS exhaust system.  But being  hybrid, there is no emissions test!

34 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Question: is the second cat alone enough to pass the MOT emissions test?  Do they visually inspect for the first cat?

On my CRZ, it's the other way round: first cat with O2 sensor left in place, second cat replaced with HKS exhaust system.  But being  hybrid, there is no emissions test!

Stock 2nd cat is fine, "some" aftermarket 2nd cats are also fine. No visual inspection is done.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:52 PM, MartinT said:

This is my last MOT, with just the stock second cat:

y4m5ld34uIiUk9N08Gya2in4_B1zXUoVL05OjSpg

Also, they can't visually check the first cat as they're not allowed to remove undertrays and it's underneath them.