Samsss

Tyre choices

Was out for two 30 minute track sessions today. I'm absolutely sold on the Pilot Sport 4 and will never be purchasing anything else. What an absolutely incredible tire on both road and track. Honestly I'm so happy with them! :D

14 minutes ago, TTR said:

Was out for two 30 minute track sessions today. I'm absolutely sold on the Pilot Sport 4 and will never be purchasing anything else. What an absolutely incredible tire on both road and track. Honestly I'm so happy with them! :D

It'll be very interesting to see how anyone on the ps4's goes in the Sprint series because I really don't think there's much in their dry grip to the Cup2's I'm running.

45 minutes ago, Deacon said:

It'll be very interesting to see how anyone on the ps4's goes in the Sprint series because I really don't think there's much in their dry grip to the Cup2's I'm running.

You're welcome to give them a try at Blyton :)

5 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Is the MSA tyre list out yet for 2017? I can't find it. PS4, isn't on the 2016 list 

2 hours ago, Samsss said:

£91 per tire fitted bout £360ish altogether

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

V105's are £80 inc VAT per tyre. About the same probably with fitting. 

36 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Is the MSA tyre list out yet for 2017? I can't find it. PS4, isn't on the 2016 list 

I'd doubt it'd be classified any differently to the likes of F1's, V105's, etc as it is just a road tyre (but a particularly good one it appears).

Just now, Cerastes said:

I have got to try these tyres or do you all work for Michelin?

I wished I worked for Michelin. Then I wouldn't have to pay £130 a corner :P

2 hours ago, TTR said:

I wished I worked for Michelin. Then I wouldn't have to pay £130 a corner :P

Yeah, there's the rub, £520 for a set of tyres is a lot compared to £320 for the Yoko Advans. I expect they're better, but £200 better? 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yes, I agree, but it needs to be on the list. I guess it will be in 1A, we just need the list out to confirm it. 

List is confirmed I have been informed by MSA.

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah, there's the rub, £520 for a set of tyres is a lot compared to £320 for the Yoko Advans. I expect they're better, but £200 better? 

In stock size they're £95.78 so £383.12 for 4 and v105's are showing as £73.56 or £294.24 for 4 on love tyres which seems to be the cheapest place I can see. So they're £90 more for the 4 which is a bit more palatable than £200.

11 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yokos are only £60 cheaper in my sizing for a set of 4. Well worth it. 

12 minutes ago, Deacon said:

In stock size they're £95.78 so £383.12 for 4 and v105's are showing as £73.56 or £294.24 for 4 on love tyres which seems to be the cheapest place I can see. So they're £90 more for the 4 which is a bit more palatable than £200.

That's not so bad then. Forgot Tay has silly sizes on his one. :P

Just now, Lauren said:

That's not so bad then. Forgot Tay has silly sizes on his one. :P

Wouldn't call 235 particularly silly :lol:

255 however, is a rather large amount of overkill I'll give you that 😂😂

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

If that's the 2017 list, Kev, the PS4 isn't on it? Bit bloody hard to see though, have you got a link for it?

It doesn't say Pilot Sport 4, but does say the Pilot Sport range in general is allowed. Apart from the Cup 2 when it's not OE fitment.

It's not on there, and the MSA told me there is no current revision to the list. All manufacturers had a deadline date to provide details for inclusion.

Just now, TTR said:

It doesn't say Pilot Sport 4, but does say the Pilot Sport range in general is allowed. Apart from the Cup 2 when it's not OE fitment.

It doesn't say PS4, therefore it isn't in the list. It doesn't say 'the Pilot Sport range in general is allowed', it lists specific tyres. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the 1A list which is where I would expect it to fall. But not on the list means it hasn't been classified, so technically you can't use it.