Cerastes

Cerastes - Daily Driver

Hi all, 

I thought I would start a build thread for my daily drive; I can update it as and when I add stuff and hopefully everyone can offer some advice on what to do and not to do :) Please bare in mind this is my daily car so nothing ridiculous. Although maybe a turbo one day, but that is a long way ahead ;)  

I bought the car in October with already a few modifications already done. 

TRD spoiler

Shark fin antenna

Valenti brake lights

Reversing camera

OEM mud guards

OEM armrest

And recently discovered it already had a remap :D

It also has the full leather heated seats. 

Some pics of the car as I bought it just after a clean. 58b97ea637b3f_GT86frontresized.thumb.jpg.a38e531aa5aac44f27bbae9786581905.jpg

58b97fd41b1af_GT86rearresized.thumb.jpg.e48bef63a83cb0027b02af78066285f0.jpg58b97fe517b6f_GT86rear3resized3.thumb.jpg.8219cd4fbf0fcf3bf45e04ca7dfe639f.jpg

58b97fcd58b14_GT86insideresized.thumb.jpg.42a3b13494dbffeb4fa1d7da7b311aa7.jpg

I have had to re-attach the shark fin antenna with 3M tape as the back of it was coming off. 

So far just a few little mods

• Intec 3rd brake light. 
  • Aluminium Reverse lockout (pic below)
  • Leather cluster hood cover (pic below but difficult to see). 
  • Heated seat buttons plate cover; had to file them down as they didn't quite fit. 

knob.thumb.jpg.3aef1c58c41d2fa596d36f6af57d3c6e.jpg

Recently added some TRD aero wings

58b98318e8390_TRDaerofins4.thumb.jpg.9da427b6a178a4cb3e04d34ad415e93c.jpg

Looking at few other changes to be made, particularly the exhaust. 

Ops sorry @MrWoohoo didn't see this. The reverse camera is where the button is for opening the boot, it's on the far left so not in the way. I would get a picture but I seem to be up to my limit?

Anyone know how I can increase my upload limit? I assume become a premium member?

Update on the car, got the Mishimoto intake pipe fitted and new Blitz panel filter fitted. Again, unfortunately I can't get any pictures. I still have the side indicators to fit, but that's a job for a less rainy day. 

1 minute ago, Cerastes said:

Ops sorry @MrWoohoo didn't see this. The reverse camera is where the button is for opening the boot, it's on the far left so not in the way. I would get a picture but I seem to be up to my limit?

Anyone know how I can increase my upload limit? I assume become a premium member?

Update on the car, got the Mishimoto intake pipe fitted and new Blitz panel filter fitted. Again, unfortunately I can't get any pictures. I still have the side indicators to fit, but that's a job for a less rainy day. 

I use photobucket for hosting pictures instead of uploading them 

4 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

No problem, I have seen some installed in the US in the centre but I have to assume they don't have the boot opening button. I have noticed a hole near the end and presume this is where I'll have to install one, is yours standard or aftermarket camera? Thanks

I'm not sure, I bought the car with it fitted; I didn't know it had it until the trader sent a video of the car and pointed it out; which was another added bonus :P. How would I know it is standard?

It wasn't something I needed/wanted but now I have it I really make use of it.

I will try to get some pics after work. 

12 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

I'm not sure, I bought the car with it fitted; I didn't know it had it until the trader sent a video of the car and pointed it out; which was another added bonus :P. How would I know it is standard?

It's not an available option on UK cars. But plenty of people have fitted reversing cameras to their cars, so your's will be one of those. 

1 minute ago, Cerastes said:

It wasn't something I needed/wanted but now I have it I really make use of it.

I will try to get some pics after work. 

Nice bonus indeed :D, thanks I'd appreciate it if you could get some pics up as I'm looking to get a camera sometime soon.

Yes I think you do have more attachment space being a premium member but best to check with admins to make sure, I got premium membership because you get some nice benefits plus it didn't cost a lot for the upgrade and you also help support the site. ;) 

On 12/03/2017 at 6:55 PM, MrWoohoo said:

Nice bonus indeed :D, thanks I'd appreciate it if you could get some pics up as I'm looking to get a camera sometime soon.

Yes I think you do have more attachment space being a premium member but best to check with admins to make sure, I got premium membership because you get some nice benefits plus it didn't cost a lot for the upgrade and you also help support the site. ;) 

Pic below, apologies about the dirty image, haven't had a chance to clean it in 2 weeks. 

35446816072_c97c71cd60_b.jpg

No problem, I appreciate the pic it helped me a great deal, thanks. :)

It looks very much like the camera from the plug and play kit sold by Fensport, other ones I've seen hang down a lot further and don't look so nice, I feel a purchase coming on soon. :lol:

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts/toyota/gt-86/zn6/accessories/gt86-reverse-camera-kit/

No problem @MrWoohoo I'm glad it was already fitted, I don't fancy doing that job myself haha. 

Thanks @don I really like the TRD spoiler too, the car certainly gets a lot of compliments from the older generation at work which is nice, a little more sophisticated :). Sometimes I wish it was a little bigger but then I like how it is a little smaller and flows with the rest of the rear. Gradually getting some black parts/colours onto the car so the red isn't overpowering. 

The exhaust is next though, it's just far to quiet. 

The intake and filter that I fitted are quiet too, not sure if that is a good thing, hopefully when the UEL manifold is fitted I will be able to hear that. 

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, my car will have an UEL manifold/header and a remap  Can't wait. 

Cleaned and waxed the car today too. 

I'm sure you'll like it. Best thing I've done to mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Tomei. 

Sorry, what's RCM not heard of that one before. 

Still a little on the quiet side but goes well. Fensport did a fantastic job. 

Roger Clark Motorsport, they built Gobstopper and Gobstopper II. Their UEL is pretty much a copy of the Tomei. 

Nothing nicer than a freshly cleaned car. Full clean and wax outside.

Full clean inside, cleaned all leather with leather cleaner and leather care balm. 

35614939425_f266b549e3_b.jpg

35614939335_82363499dd_k.jpg

35614938895_9277fb0f92_b.jpg

35484707501_9f0d56dbac_b.jpg

35614938665_28c42be2b3_b.jpg

35614938575_cc09bbe10f_k.jpg

Edit: Forgot the most important pic, the engine :) 

35614938175_1e8ca8e00c_b.jpg