Cerastes

Cerastes - Daily Driver

Thanks @GT-Eighty-Chris

21 hours ago, jimmyjimmyjimmy_ said:

I might have missed it but what exhaust is that you've got?

It's the Avo catback, 2nd hand bargain off ebay. There's a pic of it at the top of page 2  

I tried to get a video of it but every time I do the sound quality is terrible. I have an UEL manifold too so a nice rumble. 

26 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Nice wheels, maybe? Can't see them. Seems your photobucket account is locked. 

You can see the pics on here though?

Edit: Oh I see, page 2 pics seem to have disappeared. I hate using these photo websites, none of them work. 

Hmm that is really weird as some are showing and others aren't. I don't understand. I just deleted some old images not used on this thread so can't be a limit?

3 minutes ago, Nimz said:

Might be just too much traffic going to your images. Photobucket has been going downhill for years, try imgur or Flickr.

Thanks was just looking at something different. As I have just seen my account does not allow 3rd party hosting (well why give me the option to copy the [img.] links etc then.) I haven't liked photobucket for a while now, incredibly slow... I will try flickr I guess, not sure how you share each photo though? I have seen other forum members just linking 1 with a slideshow, not keen on that but I guess I don't have a choice on that. 

Edit: Although Flickr is doing my head in now, I can't seem to be able to create an album :angry: how hard can it be!!

Ok, uploaded pics to flickr and edited all posts on page 2 as all the images had disappeared. Not using Photobucket again :angry: not only was it incredibly slow it full of ads, and very intrusive too, adverts often blocking the buttons you want to click. 

If other images disappear then I will just have to upload those too, but hopefully for now they are ok. 

1 hour ago, Cerastes said:

Yay it worked... Or until something else goes wrong. Now can I be bothered to upload all the other images... and edit each post <_<

35477990221_bfbe555641_h.jpg

35477990131_28cbf9b906_h.jpg

35440117322_0ba1742555_b.jpg

35477989901_86e4413c47_b.jpg

35477989821_fd7e8649aa_b.jpg

35477989791_efaa28a325_b.jpg

Looking good dude. TRD Lip is really growing on me for the red cars :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

They look good. :)

Tempted to lower it now? 

Thanks. 

I was planning to get some coilovers at some point anyway. Just a way off, unless I can find a bargain. Not even had the car a year yet and already done so much to it. 

I'll see how I get on with it at TSS.

Those tyres on there at the moment are still the stock Primacy tyres 215 so they look a bit stretched. I'll get 225 once they have worn down. 

16 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I would stick with 215's, works better than 225s as you'll increase the sidewall with 225's. I've tried it, 215's on an 8" rim is perfect IMO. 

I don't think it would increase much, 4.5mm I believe. Plus it will give me a little more grip, but not much more so I can still have some fun. 

Just now, Cerastes said:

I don't think it would increase much, 4.5mm I believe. Plus it will give me a little more grip, but not much more so I can still have some fun. 

It wouldn't increase a huge amount but you will feel the sidewall flex. It doesn't really translate to much more in the way of grip. I've run 215's on an 8" rim for must be somewhere over 60K miles now. Just put better tyres on. You will have more fun and precision with a 215 than a 225. I tried the 225 a few years ago, but didn't get on with it, so went back to 215s. 

@Lauren True, good point. I'll try it with 225 though as I just don't think it looks right, but maybe as I'm not use to it. I'm sure by the time these primacy's wear out I will have gotten use to the look of the tyres on those alloys and probably end up with 215's anyway :lol:

I ran with the Primacy for an entire Sprint series on 215's with an 8" rim. If you're going to use them up which will take a while anyway, you'll get used to it. I run Yoko V105's now which I love. 

When you sort out some coilovers that will transform it again. I think it depends upon how you like to drive. I like to be able to move the car around and less sidewall flex means more precision and a sharper response. 

It'll look right when you lower it. But not before. ;)

Tell me about it, I'm pretty sure the tread depth has increased since I have had the car!! Those Primacy's are magic, they actually seem to get more rubber on them the more you drive them :lol:

I guess I'll find out next weekend, I have a funny feeling I will be the limiting factor on the 9th July, not the tyres, not the brakes, not the handling/suspension. I am hoping I will learn a lot and see what is best for the car/me; if anything at all. 

You think it looks weird? Oh nooo, I will have little kiddies pointing at me and instead of shouting "wow look at that car" they will be shouting "look at that weird looking car". 

LOL! I got 25K out of the front and 14K out of the rears though that was including sprinting and the odd track day. You'll be fine, don't worry. The surface I expect will be rough at Kendrew so it'll take a bit more out of your tyres.