Cerastes

Cerastes - Daily Driver

The exhaust is on :) I'll get some pics later once I have cleaned up. 

Couple of leaks that will sort out over the week after I have ordered some parts. 

Sounds good though, a little too noisy for me when pulling off 1st and 2nd. But it was a bargain 2nd hand avo catback which are normally around £900 so can't be fussy :) 

Now I just hope it isn't too loud for Sprint series as I woke up this morning, and was determined to get to 1 or 2 that are relatively close to me; Kendrew Barracks and Snetterton. 

35478257381_db5dd44333_b.jpg

34767498604_3b346e81e1_b.jpg

35222065150_3e9a8d991f_b.jpg

I tried to get a video but I just watched it on my phone and turned the volume right up and all I can hear is the traffic from the road. 

Edit: Perhaps some of you can hear it at Japfest which is only 2 weeks away :) 

The exhaust is too loud, it's not unbearable but when just pulling away from lights (and I do that a lot in London :( ) 1st and 2nd gear it's loud for me, I guess I will just live with it. Ideally I want an exhaust to make a noise at high revs.  Sometimes I just want to be discreet and avoid attention :ph34r:  

Never mind, only live once :)

Need to think about some security on the car now, trackers, dash cams etc. 

More stuff arrived, going a bit Japfest crazy. 

34799744003_1300549a77_b.jpg

Little disappointed they not like the ones in the pictures on aliexpress. In the pictures on their website it doesn't show the little bump (which I am puzzled as to why it is even on there as it doesn't flow with the rest of the car).

34799750393_ba32ab9874_b.jpg

That's why I ordered from them, otherwise I would have just ordered on ebay would have been just as "cheap" but quicker. 

Also, is I'm fairly certain Carbon Fibre shouldn't bend. I haven't touched anything Carbon fibre before so can't be certain, but I thought it was meant to be strong and not bend :lol:

Are those the headlight covers? Both the headlight and the tail lights have the bump, they're a copy of the Modellista covers. Mine had really poor hydrodipped CF design on it, I just sprayed them body colour. Even on a grey car the CF looked out of place.

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

Are those the headlight covers? Both the headlight and the tail lights have the bump, they're a copy of the Modellista covers. Mine had really poor hydrodipped CF design on it, I just sprayed them body colour. Even on a grey car the CF looked out of place.

Yes, headlight covers. The second image is from the website and you can't see the bumps on them. Why is there bumps anyway? can't see a small bump being aerodynamic, doesn't flow with the rest of the car, am I missing the point of the bump?

Although I am glad they are a darker CF colour than the one they posted. 

I'm not sure on the look yet, I only bought it as it was a sale on aliexpress and I went a bit mad. It might match as I have smoked side indicators and the hydrodipped CF aero fins. 

From the eBay listing, I took photos of them before returning them:

51Xggpzng3L.jpg

51hEGX62R4L.jpg

IMO they just didn't add anything to the look.

The rear lights definitely have the bump, as do the original versions of the headlight covers. But it does seem that the OEM front lights don't. It is probably aero in some form, however minor.

04-p01.jpg

I think the RHS one is better.....

I'll see how it looks on mine; it was a bit of a rash purchase, but it looked ok in the pics on their website although it is a white car. Pic below. 

35440432382_90d995e62f_z.jpg

Edit: hmm maybe I'm having a car mod moment and I am seeing it as "cool" looking but really it looks rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Edit: hmm maybe I'm having a car mod moment and I am seeing it as "cool" looking but really it looks rubbish. 

I think it's the latter. Less is more and all that. ;)

I think so too @Lauren I blame Aliexpress for having a sale on :( 

Quick and very poor photoshop (hence why I am not a photoshopper media bookface tubeyou guy). 

35222123280_767a42a8b2_b.jpg

It might work? *crosses fingers and hopes for forum members approval* :ph34r:

I didn't mean to order the fronts, error in Taiwanese eBay listings, but it gave me the chance to try them in place. The rears do a good job of hiding the chrome in the housing, but the fronts don't and as such don't really have a purpose. They're not eyelids, which are more aggressive but still meh, and don't cover that much. I honestly don't know how Modellista charge so much. It will blend so much better if it's body colour as essentially you're trying to shrink the lights, not accessorize them. I'm all for carbon fibre but think it looks tacky if just stuck on everywhere. Painted carbon is all the rage anyway..... Just enough to see the weave through the paint ;)

Good point. It does look a bit silly come to think of it. Maybe I'll try and paint them. Knowing me I'll change my mind again in 24 hrs. I didn't plan to buy them, they weren't on my essential mod list. I was just scrolling through the sale bit on aliexpress and thought why not and the sale was ending that night so didn't really have much time to think. 

I don't worry about the rear, have the valenti lights and they look good. 

I agree, I wouldn't have bought the modellista ones, way too much. 

Just to let you know I had my Fensport Reverse Camera relocated to the centre of the Boot Lid and is just offset next to the Pad Button. It now covers the back end of the car a lot better than being on the corner as in your picture.

Also have the Headlight Eyelids but got them sprayed up to match the car. It does make the front of car more aggressive.

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

@Test Drives Unlimited Thanks. Mine was fitted by previous owner/dealer, I have gotten use to it but I can see quite a bit out the back. Not sure if it is worth me getting it relocated, price and effort etc. It works ok to me :) I see if I can get a pic of the screen it shows. 

I'll see if I can get a close up on yours @Test Drives Unlimited I can see it in your profile pic. 

Also I just test fitted the headlight eyelids. Pics below, ignore the tape ;) 

35608700785_3ec70b4bc1_b.jpg

35569831656_9d5552d3fe_b.jpg

35569831856_f86b6426a2_b.jpg

35569831986_ebcecf6f1f_b.jpg

When I was taping them to the headlights, they don't actually fit all that well. Passenger's side the bottom bit sticks out, if the wind catches it at 70mph it will blow off, and the driver's side is even worse. When holding the top of the eyelid flush with the top of the headlight the bottom bit sticks out about 0.5cm-1.5cm. They are fairly weak so I assume 3M tape would hold it?

Just having a bit of a rethink with them, I want my changes/mods to affect performance and/or comfort either by adding something or replacing OEM parts. For example, changing rear lights you replace the OEM lights. The centre console armrest not replacing a OEM part but adds comfort. TRD aero fins, replace standard GT86 panel. The eyelids haven't done that, but they do weigh next to nothing.  

On that note I am about to contradict myself now by adding...

35569832246_c8fdbe1d78_b.jpg

35608701185_598e6e3fd3_b.jpg

34799801893_4516467bc9_b.jpg

Diffuser B)

Although noticed these nasty looking dents, I don't think you will see them though when it is fitted.

35608701025_a9871439f6_b.jpg

As usual, the website states something that isn't true; no screws or 3M tape. And there pictures shows their diffuser with all the holes drilled out. :unsure:

3 hours ago, Cerastes said:

@GT-Eighty-Chris It was already fitted when I bought it. The only problem is half the screen is taken up with the back of the car, unless that's normal :ph34r:. I might see if it can be adjusted. 

On the one I have you can loosen a nut to move the camera housing. Although that does seem to give you a decent wide view of the rear bumper, which you may lose if you set it more horizontal.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:16 AM, Cerastes said:

@GT-Eighty-Chris It was already fitted when I bought it. The only problem is half the screen is taken up with the back of the car, unless that's normal :ph34r:. I might see if it can be adjusted. 

I think that's what I like! I want to see the gap between my car and behind, I don't care much for having a lovely panoramic view out the back. Practical approach! 

Little security/safety feature. 

Bought the Mobius dashcam as I saw someone else with it on the forum, thought it looked quite discreet and it got some good reviews on quality. 

35575454436_4ed6705ca5_b.jpg

When it arrived, I realised it didn't come with a mount or a long enough cable (my thought for ordering at 1am and not reading things). It just come with a small USB cable, about 10cm long. Ordered a mount. In the mean time I tested the camera out, unfortunately I could not get my PC to recognise it. I tried all USB ports, different USB cables, restarting pc, turned pc off etc etc. 

Then while looking for ideas on how to fix it and FAQ's I came across the NextBase 402G (£20 more than Mobius; £15 if you include the mount and probably by the time you purchase a long enough cable it would be about the same). Decided to send back the Mobius and mount that I ordered (next day pick up by Hermes; although it wasn't next day :angry:). Before I sent it away, I thought I would try connecting it to my brothers laptop and it worked straight away; so probably my PC. However the Next Base has a lot more features. 

Next Base has all the cables, the mounts, plug and play, just as good picture quality, GPS, motion detection, and other useful features like if it detects a sharp movement (ie someone crashes into you) it will save the video. Not sure if the mobius had that. Software seemed quite useful too, shows speed, location on a google map, average speed, etc. I think the speed can be stamped on to videos too, but I turned that off :rolleyes:

NextBase was really easy to set up thanks to the screen (although I didn't really want a screen as it makes it larger) but it helped a lot with setting up. The issue is the size of it, I want it to be discreet as I will have to remember to take it with me/hide it in the glovebox. All that writing on it too, *sigh* I really don't want all that writing on it, again discreet is the key. So if I do forget to take camera with me/hide away it will stand out to people. Also the screen stays on while driving; although I have been told it can be turned off but haven't found the option for that. 

34805862463_27ab170468_b.jpg

Fitted the diffuser with the help from dad. Required a lot of modifications as it was a Chinese copy, had no holes drilled into it and no screws.  

I would have got a pic but it's started raining. I will try to get one or two tomorrow. 

Time to think about handling now... 

Here's some pics of the diffuser fitted. Difficult to get a clear shot of it. 

35484633451_918591717c_h.jpg

35575484726_f97987514a_h.jpg

35575484986_860f27abb2_h.jpg

Now I have to do something about that big arch gap and the tyres sitting too far into the centre of the car. Was thinking about some new alloys at some point...