Nürburgring Talk

thoughts on 'youtube' corner now being tarmac'd on the outside of the corner rather than gravel? I think it might see more accidents with people believing they have more room for error and going into it quicker

I've been twice in 2005 and 2006. It's a must do for any enthusiast. Very much worth three days there or so to get some laps in. It's definitely worth practicing on GT6 or whatever you have, made a massive difference to my learning curve as I knew where every crest went and could remember all the corners no problem. Think I did around a 1000 laps on the PS3 before I went (or was it a PS2? Can't remember). 

One thing to remember though is that you get charged for any stoppages you cause and also for lost track time and any damage to armco etc, so it can get very expensive, very quickly. 

It's the best track out there, but I would recommend you don't time your runs, unless you are recording (which they don't like) as it's just simply not worth the risk. There is inevitably a couple of bad accidents a day where cars get written off. You really must have your wits about you if you go on track there. 

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

One thing to remember though is that you get charged for any stoppages you cause and also for lost track time and any damage to armco etc, so it can get very expensive, very quickly. 

I think they call that ring sting..... Or is that something else? 🤔

3 hours ago, Church said:

How heavy ring is on brakes if one isn't pushing at 10/10 pace? And what are average costs to expect for having a run (or day) there?

It's heavy on brakes if you're on it, because it's quick, there's a lot of corners and it's very long. Though one lap at a time helps a fair bit. The speeds are high though. 

I went there back in 2005. Popped for 3 laps on the way home from Italy on a motorcycle trip.

Probably would have done more laps but the chain on my VFR400 was in a state and I didn't want to risk snapping it.

While quite intense cornering at speed, knee sliding with a GT3 a few feet away, I remember it being much safer than what all the YouTube videos show nowadays. Damn sight cheaper too. It helped this was before all the insurance companies excluded it from the T's and C's. I'm not sure I'd have the balls to go round these days.

I really fancy having a go but would want to do it at my own pace and enjoy it, rather than get nervous with lots of others around and bin it.

I did it a couple of years ago. I hire on of the Suzuki Swifts as I didn't want the risk of me binning it(small) getting hit/involved in someone elses accident(slightly higher) and the insurance/liability implications. The wear on the cars are minimal compared to traditional circuit driving. The company I hired from said their cars get hammered on the GP circuit compared to the ring.