KevinA

TSS 2017

I've just been reading the email we received today and looked at the VSD form. It says ...

"Headlight glass protected by tape or security film"

Really? I don't see evidence of this in the photos of past years.

It also says...

"Towing eyes fitted and visible or marked"

Is it OK to just put a sticker with TOW pointing at the circular cover over the hole the tow eye screws into? I don't like the idea of air being forced at high speed into that hole behind the bumper where it is not supposed to go at high speed.

Thanks

Bob

5 minutes ago, GT86Bob said:

I've just been reading the email we received today and looked at the VSD form. It says ...

"Headlight glass protected by tape or security film"

Really? I don't see evidence of this in the photos of past years.

It also says...

"Towing eyes fitted and visible or marked"

Is it OK to just put a sticker with TOW pointing at the circular cover over the hole the tow eye screws into? I don't like the idea of air being forced at high speed into that hole behind the bumper where it is not supposed to go at high speed.

Thanks

Bob

I can't help on the headlights but at least one tow hook will need to be fitted.

You can place your tow hook at the back if you so wish, but you're responsible for the damage to your car as its far easier for them to tow you out forwards rather than backwards. As for the headlight glass, the GT86 doesn't have headlight glass. They are plastic ;) 

I never taped my headlight glass and it was fine, that reg goes back to when glass wasn't laminated so the tape was there to stop it shattering everywhere... no issue on modern cars.

With an 86 everyone just uses the front hook, I don't know what you're worrying about but it's never been an issue with air going in the hole around it... Pic of mine is attached with the front hook in at high speed, even if it is sideways...

The tow vehicle always has a tow eye that fits the 86, it's the only car that doesn't need to two to run.

86.jpg

4 minutes ago, jamie_gt86 said:

Ohhh and I never ticked the box on my VSD's saying the headlights were taped and never had an issue at scrutineering 

I've just ticked everything, no one has said anything except at Anglesey where the guy asked me several times if I was putting a towing eye in.

Bob: you can ignore the yellow tape on negative battery terminal as well. As above, only thing you need to do with the car from when you bought it is put the towing eye in really

I am tempted to attend one of these just to have some fun and see what times I can do, how many events are there?

Looking at last years, I think the closest would be Woodbridge and Snetterton. 

And just quickly reading your posts you have to have a tow hook?

Edit: never mind, just seen the schedule on here