iddrew

Fully Built Engine advice

Hi all,

long time no see ehh!?

So judging by the title of this topic you can probably tell that my 2JZ build didn't turn out so well... Basically i got damn sick and tired of being ripped off time and time again, let down by suppliers, spending stupid amounts of money and still having nothing after 7+ months. I now have a Precision 6062 Turbo, wastegate, a bloody expensive motec ECU and other bits and bobs.  So plans are changing.

I'm sticking with the fa20 and slapping on that big precision turbo i have. BUT, since the fa20 engine from factory is built from paper, cardboard and crafts glue i want to fully build, fully forge the engine with the best parts possible. Here is where i REALLY need your help guys please. i am looking for an engine builder who is an absolute expert with the FA20 and has a spectacular track record. What i want to do is ship my engine out to him and i want the whole engine built and taken care of. Here is what i'm looking to do:

Pistons
Rods
big fat wrist pins
bearings
Head studs
Head porting (if needed)
cams (if needed)
oil pump (if needed)
oil baffle plate
all new seals and performance gaskets all round (especially the DI seals)
Any machine work and balancing (i want all components balanced)

I want no less than 400 WHP on 98 octane fuel. and i want the engine to be capable to handle much more than that so it will be reliable (eg a 600HP built engine running 400HP should be reliable). So basically i'm looking for a full turn key solution. I ship the engine, they do the magic and send it back to me.

I got fed up waiting basically and now want to finish this car off and drive it again.

Do you know a performance place in the UK that can meet the above requirements or should i ship it out to the states? If so i'd like to get in contact, pay some money, and have the engine shipped over ASAP to start.

Thanks all :)

Kind Regards,

Andrew

8 hours ago, iddrew said:

Hi all,

long time no see ehh!?

So judging by the title of this topic you can probably tell that my 2JZ build didn't turn out so well... Basically i got damn sick and tired of being ripped off time and time again, let down by suppliers, spending stupid amounts of money and still having nothing after 7+ months. I now have a Precision 6062 Turbo, wastegate, a bloody expensive motec ECU and other bits and bobs.  So plans are changing.

I'm sticking with the fa20 and slapping on that big precision turbo i have. BUT, since the fa20 engine from factory is built from paper, cardboard and crafts glue i want to fully build, fully forge the engine with the best parts possible. Here is where i REALLY need your help guys please. i am looking for an engine builder who is an absolute expert with the FA20 and has a spectacular track record. What i want to do is ship my engine out to him and i want the whole engine built and taken care of. Here is what i'm looking to do:

Pistons
Rods
big fat wrist pins
bearings
Head studs
Head porting (if needed)
cams (if needed)
oil pump (if needed)
oil baffle plate
all new seals and performance gaskets all round (especially the DI seals)
Any machine work and balancing (i want all components balanced)

I want no less than 400 WHP on 98 octane fuel. and i want the engine to be capable to handle much more than that so it will be reliable (eg a 600HP built engine running 400HP should be reliable). So basically i'm looking for a full turn key solution. I ship the engine, they do the magic and send it back to me.

I got fed up waiting basically and now want to finish this car off and drive it again.

Do you know a performance place in the UK that can meet the above requirements or should i ship it out to the states? If so i'd like to get in contact, pay some money, and have the engine shipped over ASAP to start.

Thanks all :)

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Curious does anyone in the UK run the sort of power Andrew wants in a road car?

Maybe worth bearing in mind before you pull the trigger on an engine build that cosworth have some FA20 internals in development currently (I believe). Rods, pistons, gaskets and more - according to their guy at SEMA.