Jamie_GRMN

Another One Leaving the Fold

Well it's soon going to be time for me to hand the car back in to Toyota, I had originally planned to keep it three years but after two Toyota have offered me more money than cars for sale privately and mine has more miles etc on it!!!

Sad to be leaving as its an amazing little car, have loved every minute of owning it, doing my first trackday and competing in the TSS of which I finished 3rd in class last year which I was proud of considering my lack of experience :)

Unfortunately I can't say I'm moving on to bigger and better things as it will be being replaced by a 5door Aygo X-Cite to allow me to build up some savings before buying something truly stupid, or another 86 in a years time...

Going to stay as a lurker on the forum to keep an eye on things coming up for sale, TSS info (the Aygo may make an appearance this year for a giggle) and random social meets if I'm allowed to attend :huh: this forum and group of people really are exceptional I think, never met a friendlier (and boozier) lot in my whole 7 years of driving :D

Anyway, I'll leave this with a few of my favourite pics from the last two years...

Love to all :wub:

B36407D7-F574-497E-9380-4C5B78911ABF.jpg

6FF68C5C-C5FD-4E06-B245-61B83E7AE69A.jpg

537D46A5-E97C-47B0-A646-3A4F36AC94ED.jpg

nooooooo not you Jamie...not you too! I thought you were going TD Turbo???

Even though I don't fully understand your first paragraph, I'm really sad to see you leave dude! Please don't be a stranger and keep in touch mate, more than happy for you to attend any events mate, always a good laugh!

1 hour ago, will300 said:

No Jamie don't do it :( No doubt you be back in 3 months anyway out of boredom. 

Quite possibly, will give it 6months at least though :lol:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Noooo :(

I could have sworn you got yours after mine? How soon do you have to give it back?

I've had mine two years and a week today, it'll be going back on the 5th of April...

1 hour ago, Riceburner said:

Jamie u big girl 

At least buy another GT4 :D

sorry to see u go mate 

Another GT4 is on the shortlist but so are a few things at the moment. I'm sorry to see me go too :lol:

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

No way, though I did wonder what you were up to. I think the Aygo will be a bitter pill to swallow. Good luck with that. Hope we see you at some point! 

I'm sure it will be a bitter pill to swallow Lauren, decision was made based on financial reasons only really and I'm only driving to and from work in the 86 so it doesn't make sense to keep it...

11 hours ago, jamie_gt86 said:

I've had mine two years and a week today, it'll be going back on the 5th of April...

2 year deal then? 5th of April you say... that's after the first TSS round *hint* *hint*

It's only a car - not worth screwing up your finances over. I love mine, but if circs changed it'd go.

You'll be back... I had several years of self imposed boring cars due to financial and family reasons (not unrelated...) but got my toy back now.

And I rather like the Aygo. Tiny underpowered cars are quite fun. The trick is weld your throttle foot to the floor at all times, and try not to slow down for bends...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk