Sign in to follow this  
Squadrone Rosso

Quantum Tuning - remap

1 hour ago, S18 RSG said:

Even on track? I'm too worried to do it like that on track in case my foot slips off the brake, so I switch to proper heel-toeing. 

Even on track, not popped off the brake yet...

I would say that it's worth learning to heel and toe even when you're not on it as it encourages more finesse. I find I can do it at any speed, even when driving pretty slowly. Obviously I don't do it for every single downchange, but probably around 90% in just driving around suburbia as I do these days. 

8 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Love that Senna footage. The interesting thing is how he uses the throttle in the corners. Almost dances on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wonder if that's a hang up from driving laggy turbo F1 cars as it does look excessive at times. 

Didn't think of that. Makes sense. I'm still adjusting to the throttle actually doing something, after 10 years of turbos...

Amazing he can get away with such extreme inputs in an NSX without it swapping ends though, but I guess being Ayrton Senna must help...

9 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Love that Senna footage. The interesting thing is how he uses the throttle in the corners. Almost dances on it...

I've been watching a lot of the Best Motoring videos while I'm off ill and I've noticed that Keiichi Tsuchiya also uses the throttle in a very similar way especially on the touge battles (which are run on a course similar to British B roads).

15 hours ago, Deacon said:

To do it properly though I believe you'll need the white socks and loafers.... 😊

I don't think I could get away with that. A proper pair of racing slippers suggests you can actually drive properly, that's where I'd fall short.

3 minutes ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

So, where in South Wales can do the ECU Tec thing? I've been to Indigo before for a RR day in my old Brera.

if you get the ecu tek kit then I believe any of the tuners could do it remotely, you would just need to do some data logging for them, email the logs for them to take a look at and then create a map to suit, though personally I'd advise to actually go to a tuner, I myself travelled over 200 miles to Adrian @Fensport due to how well recommended he is for tuning but there is also @Mark@Abbey M/S & @Mike@TD.co.uk who can map these cars

As Tareim said, nowhere in South Wales has a reputation of working with ECUtek, so I would rather travel. Abbey Motorsport was the easiest for me to get to, as it's just M4 > M25 and a few miles further, didn't even need a sat nav other than to know which turning it was.

Takes about 2 and a half hours to get there, and even better he works on Saturdays too, which is great if you're a 9 to 5er.

As Tareim said, nowhere in South Wales has a reputation of working with ECUtek, so I would rather travel. Abbey Motorsport was the easiest for me to get to, as it's just M4 > M25 and a few miles further, didn't even need a sat nav other than to know which turning it was.

Takes about 2 and a half hours to get there, and even better he works on Saturdays too, which is great if you're a 9 to 5er.

How does the car feel post map? A map plus panel filter is our limit.

Indigo are fine, but they remind me a little of Litchfield whenever I've dealt with them. They do a good job, but really they would rather work on GTR's and other high end stuff. They are also monstrously terrible at responding. It took me 3 emails to get a reply from them last time, by which point I had given up.

As for how the car feels post map, quite simply, better.

I don't think the extra power is particularly noticeable (I'm up from 162whp to 178whp and 135wtq to 145wtq) but throttle response is hugely improved, and the car is so much more alive. There's very little need to change down gears to overtake anymore either, as that extra bit of midrange grunt has made the torque dip less of a hassle.

Mine has the secondary decat, catback exhaust, filter and map, so realistically the differences are probably going to be slightly exaggerated compared to what yours would achieve. If you want to give it a go, I'm open to meeting up somewhere so you can get a feel for it yourself. I took a few people out at the TD day who have stock cars, and they were all equally surprised at the difference it made.

3 minutes ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

How does the car feel post map? A map plus panel filter is our limit.

the biggest improvement is the throttle response, @Lauren can testify to that after finally giving in after 3 years and getting a remap, it's night & day levels of different how responsive the throttle feels

due to me having a lot of mods (full exhaust manifold back) and custom intake I would gain more from it than you would but if you're not going to go that far with modding the mapping would still be worth it to get the map modes for 99ron and 95 ron to get the best out of vpower (or w/e premium fuel you use)