S18 RSG

Proven simple audio upgrades

At Amber was when the battery revealed it had problems as it couldn't drive the sound system. Obviously with the engine running it wasn't a problem, but with the new battery such issues will be sorted. :)

5 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I really need to listen to this System before spending $1,499 on the 450Q+ emoji14.png

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

You are welcome to listen to it if you are making the Grasshopper meet on Saturday. :)

rob: can you tell, how much you had to add to base list price for shipping & import charges?

I think approx $300 shipping and £120 import. Although I cannot remember exactly.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

On 15/01/2016 at 4:53 PM, Lauren said:

I guess in terms of head unit, the choice is with the buyer, but I wouldn't touch something that isn't a decent brand. I think a head unit that interfaces properly with Android or IOS is appealing, but until Alpine and all that release something, I'll wait until then. 

The torque app is sort of useful for monitoring oil temps on track, though you don't need a head unit to know that. I found that once I knew where the oil temps would get to it would of course be the same everytime, so once you know, that's it really. 

Oil temps vary massively with track, driving technique and ambient temperature.

I do agree though that oil temperature doesnt need to be constantly monitored once you know in the worst conditions they are safe. 

Torque is also useful for monitoring IATs if you have forced induction. Particularly the sprintex guys :lol:

Yes, oil temps vary on track, but I think driving round Donington when the ambient temp was 35C gives a good idea of maximum's. I lifted off when it got to 125C, which I'd achieve in three or four laps. So my thinking was once I know this, it's fair to say what the limits will be in terms of track time. But that's fine by me as I don't tend to do more than four laps at a time as a rule and most of my track time is sprinting where the oil just won't get that hot on a single lap. 

I'm not surprised by that, but it's depedendant upon how long you stay out on track. I know I could have got mine a lot higher than 125C but I opted to lift on the long straights which would see it reduce then I'd raise it again on the corners where I was pushing again. I thought 125C was high enough. Certainly if you are doing long stints an oil cooler makes sense. 

I had Mark as a passenger holding his tablet (bit naughty!) monitoring them as I was going round. You could get a brodit mount for your phone, but you'd leave the mount in place permanently if that makes sense. 

you want a cheap but effective upgrade for the sound system? I can guarantee that with this upgrade, you will hear nothing but music with nice tones and bass. Noise cancellation is also available by default and connects through a bluetooth...

sony-mdr1rbt-290x220.png

:D

Ok that was a joke but believe me or not I've seen a lady driving behind me with white beats in the car... Shocking but maybe she wanted a cheap sound system upgrade? :P