S18 RSG

Proven simple audio upgrades

I NEVER seen one driving car with headphones on (though i was once shocked seeing one woman driving tram and reading book(!), when i waited in jam in near lane). Yes, that would much cheaper way to get high quality, that i am all for eg. at home (though i prefer Sennheiser hi-end ones, currently using HD650), but not so convinced it's way to go at car.

1) though main input of driving information is eyesight, some important information is passed via hearing aswell. Be it unusual engine or suspension sounds indicating problems, or someone on road honking to rise awareness, or some cops/ambulance and alikes going with sirens. Not sure it's good to lessen or isolate that input.

2) almost with no exception wireless headphones audio playback quality sucks. Wired .. that wire can be inconvenient and distracting thing, that may get in the way of controlling car

I see a lot of people driving around with headphones in.....and in relatively new/modern cars....is it really that hard to get a head unit with USB or bluetooth or even worse, figure out how to connect it to your existing head unit?  I can't understand it.....and they're not even using anything fancy, just the usual stock headphones you get with the phone......

Touching back on this, I fitted Sarah's focal speakers the other day with @Keethos didn't have time to do all the amp & headunit etc so we literally plugged them in to the stock radio. A vast improvement over the stock speakers. If you want decent plug and play speakers for a reasonable price, you can't really go wrong i'd argue.