Sign in to follow this  
rob275

Next years TSS Shoes

Looking for shoes for next years Toyota Sprint Series for Balloo :)

Enkei are releasing the GTC01RR in Feb and it's on my shortlist, but does anyone else have any suggestions for shoes? I was going to go for the RS05RR but these look more similar to my current wheels and I do like my Titans but could always do with something lighter. 

It's worth noting the GTC01RR are 18" and i'm looking at a Staggered fitment 8.5" front 9.5" rear aware that it's going to induce understeer but I think with a little bit of play on the geo setup all will be fine and dandy. They come in at about £1600 which isn't too bad and a fraction of the price of forged offerings on the market at a near identical weight. I would have already got them but xmas has ruined me money wise so they are on the back burner until around Feb anyway.

gtc.jpg.c35ed9522d920a8b20aaba5f53cd162f

gtc1.thumb.JPG.6e767196fbc252c4120804236

I don't think the weights aren't available for all the sizes but approx 8.5kg each.

My other option is to go super light with the t66-f's but realistically what difference is it going to make. Very little i'd imagine.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'd say those GTC's are a closer resemblance to your Titans than the RS05RRs, which are lovely wheels but expensive! Practically forged money. Not fancy anything for Rays or perhaps advan? Their cast wheels are around the same price and weight (if not a little lighter depending on design) 

On 12/18/2015 at 9:33 PM, Varelco said:

I'd say those GTC's are a closer resemblance to your Titans than the RS05RRs, which are lovely wheels but expensive! Practically forged money. Not fancy anything for Rays or perhaps advan? Their cast wheels are around the same price and weight (if not a little lighter depending on design) 

To be honest there aren't really any rays that appeal to me, I want a wheel that's fairly unique that nobody else has. Weight isn't particularly a huge factor, like I say I don't think I would benefit from a wheel 1.5kg lighter

23 hours ago, will300 said:

Wow those are nice, but for that money I'd be looking at Rays all day long, especially for sprinting. 

Also they are the wrong colour. :D

Ahh don't worry... whatever I go for in the end will end up candy blue :D

I'm on about car shoes, not for myself :) Though I do want some shoes but i'm saving that for a rainy day. If you think I'd benefit from lighter wheels then throw some out there. I'd prefer wheels with more spokes similar to my titans though. If I had a BBK I could pull off less spokes. But I don't!