Bumblebee

Mustang Finally arrived!!!

Having made the decision to sell my GT86 in June this year and go for a mustang eco boost 
I can now say that it was worth the wait.As for fuel economy, practicality etc time will tell.
If there are any meets up this neck of the woods I might pop along if allowed of course so
people can have a look if interested.  
Senna and anybody else local who fancy a look just give me a shout it truelly is a beast even if it's not a V8, but I really have missed the 86, I hope it's new owner Andy is taking good care of it , best wishes Bumblebee

Not driven the latest Mustang, however the Dodge Challenger remains my personal favourite ... A burbling V8 to drag you up a 5000 foot climb, but then again I'm sure the more agile Mustang is far more fun in the curves, and pretty much everywhere in the UK!

image.jpeg

Thanks guys and I'd just like to say I loved the GT86 and miss it but this was the right choice for me :-) even if the order process has been a complete and utter cluster**** by ford. 

Faith I don't know how you got a 1000 mile test drive but glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait to get this run in what made you stick with the 86 out of curiosity?

Awesome stuff Bee, but I'm very surprised that it's not yellow with black stripes

Will you be modding this beast too?

Probably a long shot but any chance you're free next Wednesday? I'm up at RRG Macclesfield from about 9am onwards.

4 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

Faith I don't know how you got a 1000 mile test drive but glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait to get this run in what made you stick with the 86 out of curiosity?

I hired a new one when I went to the Montreal Grand Prix.  Picked it up in Boston, then drove up through the national parks to Montreal, then around Canada and back to Boston over 5 days.

It was a very hard decision, I changed my mind so many times, because I love them both.  But a couple of things put me off. Firstly, the size, then I wasn't too keen on how busy the dash is and also, I really don't like a busy steering wheel.  The back window is very slopped, therefore impossible for an adult to use.  I liked the flappy paddle and it didn't half shift!  I just think in the end it was down to the size that finally swayed me back to the GT86.  But fair play, it was a very enjoyable car, and a head turner, even in the States.

11377160_10153869212792646_7413097024170896586_n.jpg

11390274_10153869212542646_2067427828658748721_n.jpg

11401549_10153869212902646_4642375538772569800_n.jpg

11391414_10153872846007646_7612566242340810529_n.jpg

Nice one Faith yes they are big especially over here on our roads and parking can be fun, as for your other comments I have to agree with them all but it's a shame the 86 didn't come with a turbo and a decent sound system. I think I've made the right choice only time will tell, even silver over here is turning heads like you wouldn't believe.

Oh my, I am sure you have made the right choice, just looking at the Mustang again, I am thinking, shit, did I make the right decision, they look so awesome!  But hey ho, if I really need to scratch the itch, I'll trade up in a year or two ;-)

Trade down surely? :P

They look good from the side and sound pretty awesome based on the one I heard around Manchester earlier in the year, but there's just something about the front that makes it look wrong...

I have also driven two around LA/Vegas prob around 1000 miles over the two cars (one broke). Really really liked it but it does feels big and heavy at times. In S mode its abit more fun. 

Second one was about 10 months old, check the milage! 

Edit; cannot upload pictures from work pc, and did not add from my phone :S

45 minutes ago, Omer86 said:

I have also driven two around LA/Vegas prob around 1000 miles over the two cars (one broke). Really really liked it but it does feels big and heavy at times. In S mode its abit more fun. 

Second one was about 10 months old, check the milage!

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

15 hours ago, Keethos said:

Awesome stuff Bee, but I'm very surprised that it's not yellow with black stripes emoji14.png

Will you be modding this beast too?

Probably a long shot but any chance you're free next Wednesday? I'm up at RRG Macclesfield from about 9am onwards.

Thx I was tempted and yes to modding but not soon the fund pot has been depleted !! Lol

unfortunately I'm working next weds but free Thursday and this weekend hopefully