smudge

RWYB Santa Pod - Sunday 28th Feb 2016

With more and more of us now sporting performance modifications, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a Rung What You Brung session at Santa Pod next year?

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_rwyb.php

This is a great day out (weather permitting of course!) where you can test out your car's performance as much as you want for just £35 all day long! It'd be interesting to see how the different setups perform against each other and we can tie it in with a meal out in the evening if people fancied it?

Just gauging interest for who would be up for this if we looked at something around Feb/March 2016? There's an event on Sunday 28th February 2016 so let's aim for that date

Interested:

1. Smudge
  2. rob275
  3. Ztox - found his balls! :) 
  4. KevinA
  5. Tarerim - also needs to man up and stop relying on his Torque app
  6. Keethos
  7. Deacon
  8. AJ124
  9. Mark-in-Stoke

15 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Not a massive fan of straight line performance, but that said. It'd be nice to see how the different F/I kits vary so i'm in

I much prefer going round a track, but it's still a good laugh

I really wished I'd had got a 1/4mile time on the old setup so I could compare to the new one, so it's be good to see you there so I can have a rough guess of what mine would have been

8 minutes ago, Tareim said:

is there a cost to just come and watch? as I used torque to give me a rough 1/4 mile time so don't need to spend £35 lol

Don't think so, but you're missing the point...

The actual experience is all part of the excitement. Doing a 1/4 mile with a stopwatch on a road somewhere isn't quite the same

20 minutes ago, knightryder said:

Take some spare axles Smudge, I'd be surprised if the stock ones last a couple of drag launches with your torque.... ;)

It'll be fine!

Plus if I do ever break mine, I can justify the £900 to upgrade them to the Mrs :lol:

1 hour ago, Ztox said:

Alright alright, I'll do it :) will be good if there are a few n/a people to compare with too. Do you need a lid for these things? 

They say you need one if you exceed 100mph before crossing the line but I've never seen that enforced