Fix for 'chirpy' fuel pump at RRG Macc

Then it's a bit of a random posting....

I bet they also have fixes for:

AVCS issues causing idle dip or worse

Rusty front quarter window support

Poor performing batteries

Water in rear view mirrors

Or any other known warranty issue......

As some of you will know, my daily driver is a cat C write off. Does this mean any of the warranty upgrades from Toyota are unavailable to me?

I have a chirpy pump and a knackered battery.

BTW, I have found a really interesting way of stopping my project car chirping....

15 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

As some of you will know, my daily driver is a cat C write off. Does this mean any of the warranty upgrades from Toyota are unavailable to me?

BTW, I have found a really interesting way of stopping my project car chirping....

Replacing the fuel pump for something bigger? Certainly solved my old Toyota fuel pump chirp :lol:

Mine makes a racket too but if it's harmless I'm not too bothered...

Saying that, if there is a simple fix available I may ask my local about it.

Does anyone know what date the modified pump was implemented?  I may be able to use the DI pump off my '14 car on my daily driver?

That's a shame Rob. For me it's especially annoying.. I built my engine and it sounds like I did a crap job!!

I could be wrong Nige, though i'm 90% sure someone on here had it replaced and it just done it again. Perhaps it wasn't the revised pump? If you're changing your pump on Tommy you may aswell swap it out to see?

right on my point this i have had 4 or 5 different fuel pumps now, 3 of these have been revised models and it has just gone again, just a good way for me to keep annoying the dealership really

1 minute ago, Gringosteve said:

Do they still pump fuel enough for the engine and it is just an annoying noise, or is it potentially worse?

i have had a few from leaking pumps to just the noise can't seem to put a finger on what is actually causing it so i think a bigger pump should fix it but then its no longer under warranty, saying that i know toyota are almost refusing to do anymore pumps on my car as they can't find a reason why they are going

13 hours ago, Gringosteve said:

Inability to fix a problem is not grounds for stopping work, it should be grounds to change approach and compensate you for your troubles ;)

i agree however they are now stating its something I'm doing wrong ? can't see how you fill it up with fuel and drive it ahh i just think they are getting annoyed with me moaning all the time 

21 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

Does anyone know what date the modified pump was implemented?  I may be able to use the DI pump off my '14 car on my daily driver?

Not sure it'll help Nigel, my car is a 15 plate and my pump chirps away now.

4 hours ago, Ztox said:

Not sure it'll help Nigel, my car is a 15 plate and my pump chirps away now.

Thanks mate.. sounds like they all have chirp fever then!!

The warranty stays with the car, so if within the warranty period you should be fine. That's certainly the case with Subaru so I can't see Toyota offering a poorer service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would be VERY interested in a service bulletin number for the hopefully finally fixed chirpy fuel pump that has been driving me crazy! I can then happily hop to my local Toyota dealer and show him the code. Thanks :)