Tareim

Fantastic work from Fensport

So today I had my remap done by Adrian and I'm very pleased with the results, where the car used to feel flat at times it now pulls throughout the rev range and in all gears. I did make things awkward to begin with by putting my own intake setup (will do pics at some point) on the car so the maf values had to be scaled correctly before any tuning could actually take place. currently unknown on the power figures but I would like to guess at an extra 20bhp? as it definitely feels a big increase but wont know for definite till I put it on a dyno, could've stayed a bit longer to get a bit more out of the top end maybe but it had been a long day for me and needed to get back on the road home and have some food

The biggest difference for me, stock vs mapped is the throttle response it's just perfect now and on some windy roads I found it was great that I could let off and get back on the power so quickly when needed previously it felt slightly delayed.

it was well worth the 200+ miles/3.5hr journey to get to Fensport, Thanks again Adrian :)

yep sticks and glue, how did you know?

nah, it was just a carbon airbox coupled with some alloy pipes with the maf sensor in one of them, was slightly larger than the standard airbox so maf values were all wrong and had to be adjusted

I'm with you on the stock throttle.. it's horrible in my opinion....

I drove an '86 on Motec and it was far more linear than the stock map, without the delay you mention. I guess Adrian has rescaled it to perfection??

I'll be interested to see what your results are on the rolling road Sam. I admit, I've been a bit put off since the results of the weekend at Tuning Developments of remapped cars. 

For context, this is mine stock vs remap:

2.JPG

Edited by knightryder

I'll be interested to see what your results are on the rolling road Sam. I admit, I've been a bit put off since the results of the weekend at Tuning Developments of remapped cars. 

me too, though you'd have to bear in mind that I'm likely to have more drivetrain loss due to the torque converter but hoping for a decent figure. without the rolling road I can feel the improvement

Top end or through the Rev range? Top end you can't really feel as you've only got it for a 1000 revs at the most.

What other mods do you have?

throughout, I've got a new air intake setup, JDL UEL HFC manifold, ebay overpipe, berk 2nd decat and q300 clone cat back

Abbey Motorsport

Right and wrong ;)

That was a Litchfield tune. I have also run an Abbey tune, which was nice and linear but never dyno'd. Both of those are a few years back. That dyno is at Abbey and I know Mark's figures have always shown similar.

I'm supercharged now so it's largely irrelevant.

Right and wrong ;)

That was a Litchfield tune. I have also run an Abbey tune, which was nice and linear but never dyno'd. Both of those are a few years back. That dyno is at Abbey and I know Mark's figures have always shown similar.

I'm supercharged now so it's largely irrelevant.

Litchfield?! You mean they actually did some work on a GT86? :o

Lauren 167 at the wheels 201 at the fly? 

Yes.

Litchfield?! You mean they actually did some work on a GT86? :o

Yes, I organised a group buy as they were the 1st in the country to have tuned the 86 and were the only ECUtek people at the time.