Mick 1967

Hi

Hi. Just joined some very good info on here. Based in South Yorkshire   Bought white auto gt86 3 months ago and loving it. Anything or problems I should watch out for??  Seem to get lots of condensation on inside. Is this normal??

Hi Mick, No real biggies tbh, with the condensation do you use the air con and also do you recirculate or use fresh air? some people have said they get condensation but I've never had this problem, the only condensation I had was in the rear light cluster but this was sorted via warranty.

Welcome aboard, Nick. :)

In terms of condensation, this really can only be because there is damp in the car, which is commonly from getting into the car wet, or because of high humidity. If you run the AC then that will clear it up. You shouldn't have to run the AC all the time though, but I would do it for a week to dry it out. Inevitably as we head into winter any moisture you take into the car will make it prone to misting up. I think it's more of an issue in the GT86 simply because it is really a small car. There is a large glass area (particularly the rear window) and so with not that much space inside it is more prone to condensation. 

Obviously if there is water ingress somewhere that would cause it, but I think on balance it is mostly due to the small cabin area and moisture being introduced from outside and low temps and high humidity.