SL03JOE

New guy, buying a GT86 soon

Hi guys/girls, names joe 24 from Essex.

I joined up as I've been reading in the shadows for some time now and seeing as once my golfs gone I'll be looking to get my self a gt86!

First off this is my car currently:

IMG_1770_zps5c48dd40.jpg

And future plans for GT86:

Turbo kit (just fancy it over supercharger)

Rocket bunny kit (unsure on which version)

BGW

Updated brakes

Stipped, caged, buckets/harnesses

Work Ssr/TE37 wheels

Well that's a start!

Idea is to build a fast road/track car, just want a fun aggressive looking car! I've done the show car thing, now wanna build something track spec! Although the R is still over 300bhp the Gt86 just seems to have more appeal to drive faster and tighter on B roads.

Thanks for reading.

Car is for sale, would consider GT86 part ex

(Will make for sale thread if needed)

Look forward to joining Gt86 crew + jap scene

Welcome to the club. As others have said, come down to the meet in October :)

Do you go to any night time meets? Don't think I've seen your car before and I go to a lot of them.

Thanks all, I will pop along work depending a starting a new job soon!

Welcome to the club. As others have said, come down to the meet in October

Do you go to any night time meets? Don't think I've seen your car before and I go to a lot of them.

Yeah I have done, went to one this Saturday in Chelmo. It maybe because I pull up park up and get out. Don't like to draw attention to my car haha!

Ah cool, it was probably the one I got invited to but I was at JAE. I might bump in to you at some point then.

Quite possibly, it was awful anyway lol!

Welcome aboard, Joe, good luck with finding the right car. Any preferences on colour? 

Thanks, white I think possibly red/grey

You aren't Colchester way by any chance are you Joe? Seen your Golf my way a few times as I am only in Weeley. Welcome to the club any way. If you want a ride in a turbo'd 86, give me a nudge and I'll take you for a spin seeing as you are literally just down the road from me! 

In fact I think Sam (Torr) was talking to me about you wanting an 86 the other day when I met up with him? 

Yeah from Mersea.

Yeah he said something about a turbo GT86 he went to football in!

What sort of power is she running?

I see! Well chuck me a message on FB any time and I'll be more than happy to meet up with you bud. You are only down the road after all! 

She is running the base 7 psi at the moment and with a custom map we hit 265hp at the wheels and 210lbs ft.. This was quite conservative as I wanted to maintain maximum reliability. 

Loads of headroom still though, just depends on how deep your pockets are! 

Edited by JamesP1991

I see! Well chuck me a message on FB any time and I'll be more than happy to meet up with you bud. You are only down the road after all! 

She is running the base 7 psi at the moment and with a custom map we hit 265hp at the wheels and 210lbs ft.. This was quite conservative as I wanted to maintain maximum reliability. 

Loads of headroom still though, just depends on how deep your pockets are! 

Awesome dude I will do for sure! I've just bought a hybrid Fabia for a daily! Well going to look later in week