Wheels wheels wheels  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 2 wheels which would you rather have?

• TWS T66-F
    • SSR Professor SP3

10 hours ago, Lauren said:

If it's any help I've had mine Tein Streetflex with EDFC on for over 50K miles now. They have been totally faultless. :)

Hi Lauren,

That does help reassure me! There are just so many kits for our GT's and 50K miles definitely provides evidence that this set works :) 

I have tried to keep as many of my mods from the land of the rising sun(at least the major one), bar one emergency front pipe from Berk and the Fidanza fly wheel. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, Twigman said:

So I am no longer the only 86 in UK with TWS T66-F wheels :(

great Choice

Afraid not thanks to your inspiration and help from the guys at Nengun! They are even more beautiful in the flesh along with the black caps and black tws valves.  They are so light, at least you were the first :)

yeah the black caps suit the wheel well especially on my grey 86 ... i have a spare set of silver caps too - i bought both as I didn't know what I wanted but the black ones won

Quick update

I have now bought the Black Crystal Eye V3 head lights and I am getting these fitted on the 18th of Feb at Fensport, very excited! I just have one more dilemma.....

With the new wheels/rubber and coilovers I feel I am missing something in the brake department. I have 3 options:

1. replace front/rear discs and pads with Dba T3 4000 and Hawk HPS pads - I have seen a few reviews pushing this as a decent bang for buck upgrade, though one friend did this and then went BBK after feeling it was not that great. I noticed the discs are slightly heavier than stock and the little OCD voice in me says don't do it after spending money on lighter wheels.
  2. Go for a Stoptech BBK 328 x 28mm kit front only.
  3. Spend even more mony on the Cosworth AP Kit front only.

Any opinions and help would be most welcomed, I like to drive the car in a 'spirited' way and will occasionally go for track days.

I think any of the options above would suffice braking wise, it's really not necessary to go BBK but if looks is a key thing then obviously go BBK, that's the main reason why I went for a BBK, better brakes than stock was just a bonus even though I do track days because the stock calipers are still pretty good.  The stock calipers, pads and discs are very good for road use, for the odd track day, just changing the pads would suffice but if you push quite hard on track (and brake a lot) then pads and discs would be recommended.

4 minutes ago, Keethos said:

I think any of the options above would suffice braking wise, it's really not necessary to go BBK but if looks is a key thing then obviously go BBK, that's the main reason why I went for a BBK, better brakes than stock was just a bonus even though I do track days because the stock calipers are still pretty good.  The stock calipers, pads and discs are very good for road use, for the odd track day, just changing the pads would suffice but if you push quite hard on track (and brake a lot) then pads and discs would be recommended.

Thanks for the opinion, looks are a bonus along with further weight reduction if I go down the Cosworth route. Not sure on the Stoptech weight. So you think the current brakes or Dba setup are sufficient with the increased BHP from the internal upgrades?

No worries, I know Rob and possibly some others who have gone FI and have kept the stock calipers but changed the discs and pads and have not heard anything from them regarding having to go BBK, and Rob does trackdays and the sprints too.  The stock calipers, discs and pads did me fine on various trackdays but I glazed them at Mallory which is a very small tight track and I was pushing her quite hard, hard on the brakes and they eventually gave up, if I had better pads and discs then that probably wouldn't have been a problem.  But it's a good shout regarding weight though, the stock system is pretty heavy, even the K Sport's were a lot lighter than stock so I'm sure the Stoptech's would also be lighter than stock.  Doesn't Adrian from Fensport run Stoptech's all round?  And he's running 4-500 BHP without any problems.

I'm using DIXCEL discs & pads at the moment, fine for me with FI :) I see little reason to go BBK unless you're using some extremely sticky rubber. Unless of course you want to stare at them lol

Quick update, wheels, coilovers and BBK went on last, absolutely love the result, stance is great and a massive positive change handling/cornering. Adrian also spent another couple of hours remapping again. See pics below most taken by the Fensport lads. 

My headlights did not turn up in time so I will have to wait.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, Lauren said:

Just a thought now it's lower, get the headlight adjuster thingy from Cusco, makes a big difference. Quite a transformation there! :)

Thanks Lauren definitely will get those put on especially as I still have my new headlights to install, which unfortunately has been 3 weeks late and now stuck at customs.

Very nice, I was very close to getting a pair of these after my crash but couldn't get a definite answer weather they came with HIDs or weather I'd have to fit my HIDs to them. Did yours come with them and how much if you don't mind me asking?

8 hours ago, Ade said:

those lights are amazing!

and good choice on the bbk. I've got a cossy kit being refurbed... should be any day now.

Had them for over a month now, the perfomance is very good and it feels OEM. 

8 hours ago, Keethos said:

Very nice, I was very close to getting a pair of these after my crash but couldn't get a definite answer weather they came with HIDs or weather I'd have to fit my HIDs to them. Did yours come with them and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers, they didn't so I had to take them out of the OEM headlights. Cost including shipping and tax was £540 via Nengun