Samsonas Sequential SC 'box

We use one in Steve Baggsys S13 drift car powered by 500+ Bhp.

Works very well shifts lovely as well. Real nice gearbox

We used a Samsonas gearbox last year thou in the S13 which worked real well.

Both awesome gearboxes but as you say the Quaife is available with helical gears as well.

Thanks for the reply Mark.

As I mentioned earlier, i also think the Quaife is great, and it would appear it needs no mods to the tunnel, other than removal of the existing pressed steel mount "bridge". Once this is done you would need to fabricate a mounting up . From memory, I believe the mounting is closer to the bell housing than the stock 'box, so a mount might be difficult to come up with?

Even with a 10% discount, the Quaife is more expensive than Adrians price on the Samsonas, and, in my opinion, the Samsonas looks stronger. I hope I'm right!!

talking of nice whines, did anybody hear the whine from that s/c s15 doing the drifting at Japfest? damn that was an addictive noise

near the end of this video for those that didn't go/don't remember 

Correct me if I'm wrong Keith, but I don't believe you have a female partner whining at you every single day like most of us do...

Neither do I, just little Jess who barks at me and bites my knuckles!!

Correct me if I'm wrong Keith, but I don't believe you have a female partner whining at you every single day like most of us do...

Saaaaaaad Faaaaace

Adrian,

that looks an awesome install.

Did they make a bell housing or are you using an Auto Bell housing modified?

Input shaft made to run the stock clutch/flywheel I presume as well?

Thanks Mark :)

It uses an adaptor plate to fit the standard manual bell housing and clutch mechanism and yes input shaft is standard spline so any clutch / flywheel combo can be used :)

We're using the extreme 230mm twin which is plenty strong enough!

Cheers

Adrian

I have the 200mm Xtreme twin plate clutch for my little monster. :D

That is the only downside for me, the fact you need to use your own bellhousing. i have a freshly built'box which i was hoping to sell, but now I need the bellhousing I'll have to build the internals into the 'box in "Steve's" car. There's no way i can use a dirty old corroded bellhousing on my shiney new Samsonas.

I have the 200mm Xtreme twin plate clutch for my little monster. :D

That is the only downside for me, the fact you need to use your own bellhousing. i have a freshly built'box which i was hoping to sell, but now I need the bellhousing I'll have to build the internals into the 'box in "Steve's" car. There's no way i can use a dirty old corroded bellhousing on my shiney new Samsonas.

That would one of the plus points to the Quaife then, that includes a new bellhousing in it's price.

That would one of the plus points to the Quaife then, that includes a new bellhousing in it's price.

Yes it does, sort of. The BH must be bought from Momentum at a cost of £575 + the dreaded. Then you have to add the cost of the shifter, shift light and load cell, which are all included in the price of the Samsonas.

I did some work with Quaife a couple of years back, so have been offered 10% discount. The Sammy still works out cheaper overall, but not by much..

And, I'm sure you would need to cut out the framework in the tunnel for the stock box, so there'd be no going back in my opinion.

And, I'm sure you would need to cut out the framework in the tunnel for the stock box, so there'd be no going back in my opinion.

Nigel, have a look at pic 3, you can see we extend the strengthening plates further back, that's so we can make a pair of mounts to bolt in and take the standard gear box. You never know a race series may rule out a sequential box or we may want to sell the car or something. It's not for sale by the way  :P

Regards

Adrian

Yes it does, sort of. The BH must be bought from Momentum at a cost of £575 + the dreaded. Then you have to add the cost of the shifter, shift light and load cell, which are all included in the price of the Samsonas.

I did some work with Quaife a couple of years back, so have been offered 10% discount. The Sammy still works out cheaper overall, but not by much..

I'm looking to run paddle shift only so the price with my discount is slightly stacked towards the Quaife.  Touch choice if i'm honest!  I've got customers using both and the reliability and backup service for both products is great.  The Samsonas will be 100% up to the V8 that is sat here waiting to go in when the 4-pot throws a leg out of bed :)

One thing i've just spotted on a spec sheet is that the 1400Nm rating is for the 8 support bearings which makes it a 5-speed but the 6 support bearings with 6-speed is 1000Nm.  Is that true on this current spec Adrian or is this document of mine for an older layout?  Not that anyone is going to run 1000Nm in a 86 lol just curious

The Samsonas has a 5-dog design but the Quaife 4-dog.  I can't see dog width in the photos on their site but perhaps the Samsonas has less backlash as a result which is a good thing.

Nigel, have a look at pic 3, you can see we extend the strengthening plates further back, that's so we can make a pair of mounts to bolt in and take the standard gear box. You never know a race series may rule out a sequential box or we may want to sell the car or something.

Why wouldn't you just weld the stock pressings back in?

So, you're telling me, after I spend £9500 with you, you're gonna change the regs?? :angry: :angry: :angry::D :D :D