Bex

Hi

Hi guys and girls!

I'm bex

I have to say I don't currently own a gt86. (closest I got was a test drive in one... :-(....)

So hope you don't mind me following this forum..

I do love the cars and hope to make it my next car purchase.

So a little info on me..

I currently own a hyundai coupe. She's doing OK lovely to drive I like the cars shape and low sporty feel. (she's getting old now 136,000 miles -hence why I keeping an eye out for the next sporty style car for me. Hopefully the hyundai will last long enough for me to save up for the gt86 or brz)

But she's my show car as I'm an automotive airbrush artist.

If/when I get my gt/brz it will be my next show car so will also be designed an painted with a themed mural and advertising my work.

My cars are unique and easily spotted.(not many people airbrush the outside of their cars lol)

So that's me. .. Hi!!!

I'm can't just lurk - I'm too talkative for that lol.. Yep got quite a few pics of my work I have Been airbrushing a few years now. Been self-employed since last year it's quiet at the moment(but I also moved 300 miles from North to south) but I keep pushing myself to get more and more work done with my goal to buy one of these cars. Will be a nice reward for my hard work. :)

post-1406-0-74169600-1433933849_thumb.jppost-1406-0-77043300-1433934003_thumb.jppost-1406-0-86050200-1433934022_thumb.jppost-1406-0-37239900-1433934042_thumb.jppost-1406-0-55829300-1433934062_thumb.jp

Thanks keethos.

I hope it's not long too. Been reading through a few of the members projects posts and having a look round the forum really makes me want one more than ever now lol.

A few more big projects and I might be able to buy one sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully can still join in the forum though as my knowledge of body work and paint should be helpful . And hopefully I can learn about the cars inside out before I actually purchase one . As I do a lot of work on my own cars body modifications wise I need to know how to take them apart and put them back together really .

When I buy cars also they are rescue car . Ones that people think are beyond repair body wise then I can paint it and make it look spectacular again. . ( unsure if gt86/brz are ever sold in that condition or if they are too new reallyto have got to this stage ) I get very attached to my cars because of this though (sad I know, sorry) my coupe for example was rusty due to age and neglect and had a huge paint reaction on the front bonnet/wings where the paint was peeling in huge strips previous owner had by this point given up on it. I bought it and stripped it back, painted it the design that you see now.currently starting to use it for shows to showcase my work.

I was at the nationals car show in Peterborough this year doing airbrushing demos over the weekend (my car although only 60% finished was put on sow and shine stage)

I like the MG - was that just done on the inside of the engine bay? That's quite a cool idea...

This was a cool car looked completely factory standard until you looked really close. All his mods were hidden. Yep the only custom paint hes had is his whole engine bay is painted. So only seen if his bonnet is open.

I suppose the obvious question is - with your future GT86 as a blank canvas, what do you think you'll airbrush onto it?

I have kind of gone all out on the hyundai coupe as I wanted to show off lots of different styles on it so when at shows etc. If people ask what I do I can take them round the car explaining different techniques and they have lots to look at. but it is quite a mixture I described it like a tattoo sleave it has Japanese theme -roller derby theme and race car theme ties together with candy sparkly paint effect /carbon fiber effects/flame effects / ripped metal effects.... Its got a lot going on...

I do love my cars as said before I'm a true car enthusiast. Its both a show car and a regular drive car.

I think I will keep it and trailer it to events even after its day as a drivable car is done as it's a huge canvas and great show piece ..

Which then leaves me with the possibility to do the gt in just 1 full theme. I have a few ideas I like -

Films are great to pull themes from my favorite idea at the moment is Avatar theme .. It stand out,has high detail and vivid colours I can use my candy paints, sparkle flake paints and other fx paints. it's a film most people have seen too which helps.

(I like transformers and pirates but that's been done soooooo many times which is great but I want to show something different. I really like the japanese style cherry blossoms /geisha etc but I have already done that on the coupe.)

Im still thinking though. My ideas change all the time.

:)