Nicebiscuit

Thanks folks. GT86 ordered

Cheers for the advice etc. it was never in doubt after the test drive, but I've got my affairs in order and placed an order. :-)

I should stand out here as billy-no-options, as going for bog standard primo in red. If they did the Japanese spec one with steel wheels here I'd have probably had that. ;-)

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to toys in cars - basically so long as it has air con and will connect to my iPod - don't care about anything else.

Anyway - give me a fortnight and I can join in properly...

Congrats and you could well be the first person to order a Primo. I've literally not heard of anyone else ordering one, so your rarity wil be ensured! :)

Just comparing specs. There isn't a huge difference, it's mainy just headlights, no rear spoiler. Though I admit, I would hugely miss cruise control and the climate control the most. 

But otherwise there isn't a huge difference. 

I'm a bit weird. I might as well have manual air con as I fiddle incessantly with climate control anyway. And I always forget I've got cruise control.

As for the styling - well a bit of a win for what I want. I've got a set of brand new winter tyres from the Saab which I've realised by chance are the exact right size to go on the quite pretty 16' alloys the Primo comes with. I tend to like taller tyres anyway, but if I do find myself wanting some 17s for summer I shall buy some, as not super keen on the standard 17' alloys (I'd have had to powder coat them one colour as a minimum). Similarly not that keen on the stock spoiler, so I'll either leave it without or get a subtle lip later. I even prefer the less blingy headlights. Will have to something about the rears at some point though - lay off the plasti-chrome Toyota!

Alcantara seats would've been nice, but I'll happily trade them for 'new car smell'. :-)

The rear lights are as they are in homage to the 2000GT. All the rage back in the 60's, but an important heritage nod anyway. 

It's not hard to pick up a set of 17's. Stock wheels are virtually worthless and easy to paint/powdercoat. The 16's come in 205/55/16 or some such. I had a GT Limited in Japan, but that is much lower spec than your's with everything paired back. 

Yup - was chuffed to realise I had a set of practically new 205/55/16 winters in the shed - that means it can go skiing next Feb :-)

Realise the lights are a nod to the 2000GT but didn't like them on that either... :-D

In general though I do like all those enthusiastic retro nods. I'll either get some stock 17s and refinish, or possibly something a bit retro... We'll see. At least my bank balance can take a breather before spring.

On an unrelated topic, am I the only person on here seriously intending to stuff children in the back, or is anyone else daft enough to be doing the same? :-)

On an unrelated topic, am I the only person on here seriously intending to stuff children in the back, or is anyone else daft enough to be doing the same? :-)

It's fine with me and two children (one sits in the passenger seat with the seat quite forward and the other sits behind the passenger seat).

However two adults and two children (even relatively young children) is a struggle - unless one of your children is Flat Stanley, of course :)

We did try it out first... Helps that neither of us is tall! But, yes the plan is it'll usually be two or three up, only four on short trips. We do have another vehicle for family duties luckily :-)

Nice to know I'm not the only uncompromising parent though :-D

Your not mad. I sold my e93 m3 for a family car as the first is due in November. Got the 86.. But the Mrs has a civic and soon to be another crv.

Yup - was chuffed to realise I had a set of practically new 205/55/16 winters in the shed - that means it can go skiing next Feb :-)

Realise the lights are a nod to the 2000GT but didn't like them on that either... :-D

In general though I do like all those enthusiastic retro nods. I'll either get some stock 17s and refinish, or possibly something a bit retro... We'll see. At least my bank balance can take a breather before spring.

I have 2 boys, 14 and 15 and there's no problem fitting them both in, it's one of the reasons it was the perfect car for me to replace my Celica T-sport. Those tyres you have are exactly the same size as the ones I run on my Scoobie winters, £38 for the set off a Scouser :P

Your not mad. I sold my e93 m3 for a family car as the first is due in November. Got the 86.. But the Mrs has a civic and soon to be another crv.

I remember once seeing on a forum a lady who owned an Elise and was expecting her first baby. Rather than swap it for the usual Chelsea tractor she was looking for the smallest pushchair she could find to fit in the Lotus. Respect!

Mine have been through Ford Puma, 1 series coupe, Saab 900 convertible and Abarth 500 and generally don't complain too much as long as I promise to 'go fast'

Richard is a bad influence... And I've spent all my money buying it. Let me at least run it in first. ;-)

Realistically though I'm not one to muck about with things much. I suspect I will need a second set of wheels and possibly an exhaust swap later. Something has to be done about the rear lights, and wouldn't the badges look better black...

Argghhhhh.....stop it....

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos! I really fancy a spoilerless one too! I have never come across any real world photos of the Primo (I wonder how many MY15 Primos were sold if any now that the MY16 is available?)

To be honest I wonder how many they'll sell full stop (and I doubt they care). This is the 'from £xxxx' model that is rarely pushed in any range but looks good on the adverts. If buying under the more popular lease or PCP model there's probably little sense in not having the 'full on' model for a few quid extra a month.

I'm a bit of a peculiar case - a cash buyer having to push the budget a bit to get this car at all, and I'm not really interested in any of the extra kit so it suits me fine to be different. The idea of this one brand new for little more than a s/h bells and whistles example appealed. New cars rarely make any kind of financial sense, so nice that this is an exception.

You say that though but the Renaultsport Clio Cups which were the cheaper more poverty spec were quite popular rather than getting th full spec with the cup pack....but I liked the extra luxuries especially the keyless entry so I had to go full spec while adding the cup pack.

You say that though but the Renaultsport Clio Cups which were the cheaper more poverty spec were quite popular rather than getting th full spec with the cup pack....but I liked the extra luxuries especially the keyless entry so I had to go full spec while adding the cup pack.

They had a bit of hardcore kudos though. If they'd changed springs and shocks on this and called it. 'Cup' or 'clubsport', they'd probably sell a few more.

But instead they called it 'Primark'

(Oh and keyless entry just does my head in - I wonder where my keys have gone... Give me a manual choke and a starting handle....)

Lol yes, adding Cup or Clubsport would have probably helped :D

Though I'm pro keyless and push start all the way, gave up on the idea of getting a 350z because it didn't have it, I couldn't go back to having a proper key again.

Cheers for the advice etc. it was never in doubt after the test drive, but I've got my affairs in order and placed an order. :-)

I should stand out here as billy-no-options, as going for bog standard primo in red. If they did the Japanese spec one with steel wheels here I'd have probably had that. ;-)

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to toys in cars - basically so long as it has air con and will connect to my iPod - don't care about anything else.

Anyway - give me a fortnight and I can join in properly...

I would have done the same, as long as its got the same engine, drivetrain and suspension I really would have preferred to save the money. In nearly 3 years of owning mine I have spent money on winter tyres/wheels, whiteline gearbox mount brace approx £35, bonnet struts £60 and my big performance mod a Grimmspeed 86 Oil filler cap

DSCF2559_zpsaf8959b4.jpg

Other than that a whole bunch of disks and pads and 3 set of tyres, 2 of Primacys and 75% and 25% of a couple of sets of winters

Where are you located Mr Biscuit, I'm Stockport based and just picked mine up this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Macc. Can walk down to RRG (and will have to for another week and a half)

Wondering if I can watch out for the transporter with binoculars from here...

I would have done the same, as long as its got the same engine, drivetrain and suspension I really would have preferred to save the money. In nearly 3 years of owning mine I have spent money on winter tyres/wheels, whiteline gearbox mount brace approx £35, bonnet struts £60 and my big performance mod a Grimmspeed 86 Oil filler cap

DSCF2559_zpsaf8959b4.jpg

Other than that a whole bunch of disks and pads and 3 set of tyres, 2 of Primacys and 75% and 25% of a couple of sets of winters

I like that oil cap :-D

I wondered if anyone would actually buy a Primo

Took a look at the New ones on the Toyota Website the other day and found they only list the Primo or the Normal Spec Model !!

Where has the Aero gone ? Also no Custom Leather Option ,you now also have to buy the Protection Pack to have Rear Parking Sensors !!!!

What Colour have you Ordered your Primo in ?

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk