remal

What Exhaust

I have searched and not found what I wanted. Sorry if this has been posted before.

I have the standard Exhaust and Would like to get a backbox. Something that is a little louder than standard. Which is very quiet. 

Having come from a Week away touring Europe and hearing what our 86 sounds like going through many many tunnels compaired with a Lotus S2 with a aftermarket exhaust, A porsche 964 and even a Morgan Plus 4. I need a louder exhaust, 

So looking for just a backbox. looking to keep the twin exits. Would like something well made

Most important is the noise. 

I don't want something that you hate after 1 hour on the motorway as it's TOO loud. But also don't want to go for anything thats to quiet. I want fruity as the rev's rise if you get me 

So what would you suggest? What do you have? And looking about seems Miltek like to crack. Is this common? 

I'd avoid Miltek with a lot of people having issues recently

You're spoilt for choice on a catback system (backbox and middle pipe) and it will come down to 2 things:

1. Budget

2. Aesthetics

How much are you willing to spend and what style do you want? Slash-cut tips? Rolled tips? Large or small? Black, chrome or titanium?

I'd get on Tarmac Sportz website and take a lot at the offerings then get in touch with Chris to see what he can do for you

Just a catback alone will change the tone slightly, a few people have gone down this route whilst others have replaced the OEM manifolds, overpipes and cats for more sound and better flow for power too

As Smudge says avoid Miltek! 

You have loads to choose from at good prices. Blitz, Cobra, GReddy, JDL, Tomei, Invidia etc etc, the list goes on. Set yourself a budget, get on the likes of JapanParts, Tarmac Sportz and Fensport and see what tickles your fancy! 

Even though a single exit is best for weight savings like the Tomei 60R or Blitz Spec R, most aftermarket dual systems are a lot lighter than stock any way. 

Here is a pretty good thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42555 

When it comes to catbacks I would just boot up YouTube and take a listen to the options that are within budget.

The Milltek is good and now they've added a flexi to sort out the cracking problem it's looking viable again. Non-res has to be really which is still pretty quiet I think with both cats. Even with a 2nd cat delete it is not loud. 

I do lots of motorway driving, it's not an issue at all. Also been to Italy and back as well as well into Germany and back. Again no problem. 

You are spoilt for choice, there are tons of videos of exhaust compilations on YouTube so it might be worth a look on there to see what you like the sound of. If you can get hold of one the Perrin 2.5" resonated system seems like it would suit your needs. IMO there are best exhausts out there than Miltek.

Why I asked as there is so much choice. price wise ( as I paid £700 for my Yoshi can on my bike) I was thinking £500-800 max. the less the better. I like the looks of the slash cut as I seen a few with this at Japfest and it looks very tidy

Cheers for the info and will have a look. 

Will report back once I know what i'm going for 

Having a look at Tarmac sports website I like the looks of the Invidia exhaust and found  this on  youtube

nvidia N1 vs Invidia Q300. I do like the looks and sound of the Q300. Anyone have a invidia Exhaust and if yes whats it's like 

You are in luck Remal I have just seen this ;)

Nice to see you are interested in the Invidia systems, they are fantastic quality and Chris from Tarmac will get you a good deal. The reason you pay more for the Q300 is because of the "backbox" style design instead of the Y pipe of the N1, more material is used, and it also produces a quieter more refined sound.

On the other hand, the N1 is designed to be LOUD, it does drone a bit and is incredibly deep in it's tone. Due to it being a less restrictive Y pipe design It is best optimised for flow, outside of a single exit Tomei or Blitz for example.

I chose it because I wanted the car to be a bit loud and obnoxious, as it was something I felt it dearly lacked, even though it was a sports car, but also it produced good HP numbers.

Quality wise I have had no problems in the year I have had it. The titanium tips look as good polished up now as they did when I first bolted it on. The Invidia plaque at the split of the pipes looks awesome underneath the car, and the welds and joins on the exhaust itself are very solid.

Here are a couple of pictures of it on the car:

post-1091-0-13800900-1433326657_thumb.jp

post-1091-0-69721000-1433326674_thumb.jp

post-1091-0-08524900-1433326684_thumb.jp

Unfortunately I do not have any videos of the sound of mine at the moment (will get those done), but I do have the identical setup to this YouTube video:

The N1 contributes to a lot of the sound along with the Borla UEL. Even before the manifold was installed, and it was on the stock manifold, it was a loud beast.

I think you said however that being loud was not your target, but something that sounded a bit fruity instead was more your thing? Well the Q300 is definitely the choice for you in that regard then, as it doesn't produce the drone of the N1, yet is still a bit louder than the stock system.

Quality wise they are the same too.

Hope that answer helps in your decision process any way buddy :)

this is seems pretty much what I have (and many others) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-15-FRS-FT86-Subaru-BRZ-Resonated-Dual-Exit-Catback-Exhaust-4-5-In-Rolled-Tip-/161484333707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3ABRZ&hash=item259937628b

it appears to be a clone of the Q300, it's a little bit louder than stock and no drone

Stunning feedback. ANd the Ebay clone is cheap. but what's the quality like?

And a bit concerned now, I was looking at Tarmac sports GT86 Exhuast website yesterday and today. they had a range of about 15+ different exhaust and now as I looked again it's less than halved the ones you can buy from them?

Now only Miltec and ARK :(

The ARK is great quality, but at £1100 is quite expensive as a catback.. just depends on how big your budget is for parts really :) 

I would contact Chris direct to see where all the other exhaust systems have disappeared to! I am sure he can still source a lot of the US based products. 

And a bit concerned now, I was looking at Tarmac sports GT86 Exhuast website yesterday and today. they had a range of about 15+ different exhaust and now as I looked again it's less than halved the ones you can buy from them?

decent quality from the one I got, I've not had it for too long just coming up 2 months so can't common on the longevity of it but it was money well spent imho

I don't want to  spent ARK money. I have sent Tarmac a email about why happened to the Invidia  exhaust  on their website 

He might just be doing some housekeeping on the website. PM him on here, Chris will be happy to help

Chris got back to me and said there was maintenance going on so thats why

I did mention I was pointed his way by you lovely lot ;)