Squadrone Rosso

One on order - new GT86 in GT86 Blue

Hello everyone,

Long time Alfa Owner(s) here.

My wife has ordered a GT86 which is due in mid July. It replaces her Alfa GT V6 (which we'll probably keep) and become her daily driver. She's gone for every option except the exterior graphics.

We got the GT86 Silverstone experience tickets today so getting very excited!

I drove one when they first came out & loved it but not quite enough to part with my V6 Brera.

Without any pressure from me, my wife tested the 86 and like me, loved it enough to place the order there & then.

Got the PCP contribution from Toyota & a healthy no part exchange discount from our dealer so happy days!

In preparation, I bought the GT86 heritage & design book. Love the almost obsessive nature of the designer. To think "they" say the Italians have soul & passion!!

So, any pointers welcome.

Cheers,

Simon & Clare

Welcome to the club Simon & Clare :)

I think if you go in for a test drive and immediately purchase one, you have certainly got yourself the right car and must be a true petrolhead!

So you will feel right at home here, hopefully we will see you are one of the various shows/social meets throughout the year. 

Welcome to the club! I've only had mine a month or so but there are lots of experienced/knowledgeable people around here  :)

It looks like you, like I did, have plenty of time to get clued up.

Welcome to the club you two  :)

There are plenty of threads on here full of inspiration for aesthetics and mechanical alterations. We're a nice friendly bunch that like to meet up at either a track or pub, new faces always welcome 

Remember to check the club calendar for upcoming events, 16th JapFest 30th Blyton Park this month.

Welcome to the club and enjoy the 86

Alec

Still waiting :(

Looks like mid July again now......

My wife had GFOS tickets free off Toyota (I was there with Porsche;) ) so we had a good look at the cars there.

Definitely made the right choice.

That said, I'm very interested in the new MX 5. Really nice.

The 1:43rd scale model arrived today with the 1:18th scale on order. Both in Blue, just like my wife's car.

Other than an Alfa Arna (Nissan Sunny with an Alfa boxer engine), it'll be the only Japanese car in our model collection.

The alloy laser engraved insert / surround for the heated seat switches arrived last week.

Will make nice birthday presents for her ;)

Her BD is on the 20th, the day the car should land at the dealers. We'll be away so collection deferred to 25th, fingers crossed!!

Went to sign for it today and disappointment:(

Car is on hold status in Portbury awaiting the heated seat pads.

Not due at the dealer until 4th August at the earliest.

Decisions then. Take it as soon as it lands or wait until the new September registration, even though the car is going straight on a personal plate?

Gutted as it causes problems as her existing Alfa is going to it's new owner on 1st August & the Toyota track day is on the 2nd.....

Went to sign for it today and disappointment:(

Car is on hold status in Portbury awaiting the heated seat pads.

Not due at the dealer until 4th August at the earliest.

Decisions then. Take it as soon as it lands or wait until the new September registration, even though the car is going straight on a personal plate?

Gutted as it causes problems as her existing Alfa is going to it's new owner on 1st August & the Toyota track day is on the 2nd.....

If there is any chance you will sell it in the future, wait for the 65 plate. If it makes you feel slightly better, the BRZ I ordered yesterday is expected December....

Will they put a private plate on directly from new? I also have one but was planning on enjoying a few months of 65ness first.

I also was a fairly long term Alfa owner, had a 156 from new in 2000 until 2013.

Car is going straight on the wife's private plate. They have the retention cert.

The track day is in one of their cars so no issue there.

Dealer offered a loan non GT86 but we have other cars so not really needed.

It was psychological for my wife.

Drive to Silverstone in both the old & new cars. Hand her Alfa over to the new owner there & drive back in the 86.

Talking to dealer & a few pals in the trade, the difference in cost at the 3 year stage when it'll go is a couple of hundred quid so no point hanging on with the car stuck in the dealers compound IMO.

And just over a year ago, we were hearing things like Toyota reducing the number of cars being brought into the UK so Subaru were guna take their share and start to sell more BRZ's, but it seems like Toyota have committed and decided to bring out more variants and are continuing to sell more 86's where as Subaru haven't done anything at all yet in the UK, it's been so long since the talks of STi versions which turned into Ts version tuned by STi but still nothing yet.

That's very odd, but salesmen have been known to talk tosh on occasions. The name wouldn't be changed, it's 8-6 for a reason. Can't see any likely possibility of a GT3 version, it makes no sense at all really.