Squadrone Rosso

One on order - new GT86 in GT86 Blue

Good news today. Car required no paint just PDR. Hopefully here this week.

Loving the Batmobile mind you. It's going to be hard running the new one in after driving this one.

Toyota GB have offered us £200 for the hassle relating to missing parts & the ever changing delivery dates.

I think free servicing for the duration of the PCP (3 years) is more appropriate. Thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Simon

Good work and does sound reasonable, but just a note, service intervals are every 12 months or every 10,000 miles depending on which occurs first, so if you do a lot of miles, asking for free services for 3 years might be a tough call, if they agree, they might just give you 3 free services rather than actually free servicing for 3 years if that makes sense, that's how their 3 years service package works.

I think seeing as they've given you a decent courtesy car and offered you £200, that's enough. Asking for three years servicing is a bit much IMO. Even at 10K miles a year that will be around £600 or so. 

I'd ask, nothing to lose. When we bought our A6 it came without the electronic folding mirrors I'd specifically ordered. They said they would retrofit the mirrors and also offered some free stuff from their brochure but I said give me a free service instead (as well as the retrofit). Then when they got the parts they had trouble coding them (which meant I had to leave the car with them a further week) so told them I now wanted 3 years free servicing, which they agreed to and got them to put in writing. My story is slightly different as I could have rejected the car, but "if you don't ask, you don't get" still applies.

Toyota & the dealer have confirmed that they'll cover the costs of the first three services which is excellent :D

The car itself is due with them early next week so getting rather excited just now.......

My wife's V6 GT went to the new owner today too.

Sad but happy.

876b59333de76aa72816550e6148c3ac.jpg

Oh well, car at the dealer but bubble burst again!!

Toyota apparently founded LEAN manufacturing so how come they allow a car to be built in Japan, have some options fitted at Portbury Docks in the UK (leather seats, sound system & alarm) and then finally, let the dealers fit the reversing sensors & central armrest lid?

Seems very fragmented with way too many variables.

Given I'm used to Alfas & Fiats, Italy is making Japan look organised in the car making business!

Who would have thought that.

I can understand why they do this, keeps the number of options and therefore production lines to a minimum. This probably also gets the car to the UK quicker.