Special K

South East Karting Event

Any south east members fancy trying the longest indoor karting track in the UK..?

Capital Karting, main A13 at Dagenham, only 15 mins from Dartford Tunnel/M25. See website.

If there's 16 or more of us we can do a special deal.... it can be an evening, weekend, whatever.... I's suggest early June but it's open to suggestions... 

.... and, for Youtube fanatics, you can hire a camera helmet and it will be streamed.... will you risk it...? heh...

1.  Spec K

2. Keethos

3. hashiriya

4. JamesP1991

5. Steeps

6. Tareim

7. Ztox

8. smudge

9. rob275

10. faith

11. Neil_Turbo

12. nikndel

13. adam

14. Omer86

15. Mike

Spec K

Count me in, up until the age of 14 I used to compete in the junior categories, and then it got too expensive :(

One point of note.. do you know how powerful the karts are as in engine size? 

I am not too competitive until you get to the more powerful karts these days due to my weight (blame Rugby)! 

I'm up for it depending on date  :)

Don't worry James, I'm not that competitive either but that's due to pies. Indoor tracks I usually suffer on as the corners are slower.

I'm up for it depending on date  :)

Don't worry James, I'm not that competitive either but that's due to pies. Indoor tracks I usually suffer on as the corners are slower.

I recently went to Rye House to compete in a 21 kart enduro. I was probably the second heaviest guy there at 16 stone (102kgs) but still managed to come 8th out of 21 runners after 2 hours worth of running.

I was depressed until I saw the size of some of the guys who finished ahead of me, some I was giving away over 4-5 stone (25-30kgs) in weight! The Karts there are twin engine 4 stroke versions, and that helped me keep up somewhat, but the main area where I was always losing was just out of those slow corners where the kart was having to drag all my extra weight back up to speed compared with the featherweight guys around me! 

It normally means outside of the 2 stroke 125cc Rotax Karts, which have the powerband advantage to keep the revs up and stop my weight killing the engine on corner exit, I struggle to be as competitive as someone who is half my size haha! :lol:  

Obviously indoor circuits are notoriously slow compared with most outdoor and therefore that is why I hate them! 

An alternative could be Buckmore Park in kent guys? 

outdoor is always more exciting and I'd vote for Buckmore too, it's the one track I didn't get to go to when competing in the British Universities Karting Championship

Buckmore Park has some great elevation changes too, with the fast chicane where you drop down the hill leading to the tight 90 degree right hander at the back end of the circuit!

Last time I went, which was just before Xmas, it was tipping it down with rain and it was great fun wrestling the Kart under the trees where it was especially slick with both leaves and standing water on the track! 

45 minute race there was £60 odd quick I think??? 

Depends on whether we could get a deal there instead guys?