Eleanor11

Hi from North Lincs

Just wanted to say hello!!

I've had my orange GT86 for less than 1 month and still adore it - I wanted one ever since they were launched and finally could (almost) afford one.  Its 2 years old, with uprated anti-roll bars and brakes, plus gear box inserts.

My last car was an MR2, which I had for 7.5 years and drove every day for my commute to work (interesting when it was icy to say the least).

A question - when I test drove a GT86 from Toyota it didn't feel much faster than my MR2, but the GT86 I've got feels much nippier - is it just the engine bedding in?

Welcome to the club, i'm sure the ginger contingency will be along soon to recruit you in to the ginger ninja club. I haven't driven an MR2 so can't really comment on it. But you've probably got used to the fact you do need to drive this car hard to get the most out of it. If you pootle around under 5k you got the wrong car.

Having extensively driven every variation of MR2, the GT86 is easily quicker in every aspect than a MK3 MR2. To be fair the 1Z engine in the MK3 MR2 is dreadful.

Still welcome aboard, enjoy the car. :)

Congrats and welcome to the club. You'll find the car will be more eager with more miles, that plus it's now your car so your willing to give it some without a sales guy sat next to you holding you back. Got any plans for the car? Mods? Track days?

A question - when I test drove a GT86 from Toyota it didn't feel much faster than my MR2, but the GT86 I've got feels much nippier - is it just the engine bedding in?

Hi Eleanor, welcome to the one true world....

Not sure how to answer your question.... the GT86 with 200bhp should undoubtedly be nippier than an MR2 and its handling is infinitely preferable, as it doesn't wag its chassis... it could also be that you are getting used to its power/torque curve...

We're up your way at the end of April - Blyton Park Sprint - so if you get a chance wander up to introduce yourself and get some personal feedback.. we're a friendly, male-chauvinist-pig brigade, ruled over by Faith and her Amazon buddies... you'll fit in beautifully, I'm sure...

:huh:

Spec K

Bring cash and a crash helmet, I went to see my first TSS at Blyton at the end of 2013 and signed up on the spot, had my Helmet with me but had to borrow some cash of Keethos  :D

Its free to get in just go into the circuit and follow it round to the clubhouse, we'll all be parked up there, sighting laps are normally about 9am ish, with first timed runs about 10am. Plenty of time to chat with the competitors between runs.

Alec

Be lucky to turn up and sprint this year. Wasnt Snetterton fully booked? To the point where they had to open up more entries and run longer with no time at the end to play?

Rob - you're right as far as Snetterton entries are concerned.

Javelin were fully booked, Colin even mentioned at briefing that it looked as though for the first time he was going to break even on Sprint costs...

Even though the clocks had gone forward an hour there could have still been time for a play at the end if the weather hadn't scuppered the timing... oh, and a car scuppered the timing board, haha...

I still like the idea of us doing our own trackday...

Spec K

Hi Eleanor and welcome.

That's it, the Sprint boys have got their slicks into you. In next to no time, you'll be touring the world to get to where you started from as quickly as possible in under 2  hours with Lewis Hamilton trying to chat you up on the way round! :D

Seriously, enjoy the car, enjoy the club and enjoy the Sprints.

Cheers

I like to think this forum is a little different to others on the net. We actually arrange driving & social events so it's a nice friendly close group of people who you will actually meet. You can't hide behind a username forever  :D  So everyone plays nice, there are no big ego's on here which will put you down to better themselves.