faith

Meet the racing midwife and her modified Toyota GT86

Thought I'd post up the link to the article I was in on the Toyota GB Blog Site. I had loads of fun when the guys came and interviewed me and took loads of photos. Had a little go in their number 2 Giallo as well B-)

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/meet-midwife-toyota-gt86#.VLmms5vf3Ik.twitter

post-229-0-55370900-1421533343_thumb.jpg

Great write up Faith, and congratulations on getting the recognition for doing a great job and driving a great car.

Hi Faith,

We briefly met at Gaydon last year. I had no idea that you are a midwife and lecturer, so awesome! I am a PhD level biomed research scientist and tutor undergrads (my car is also my desktop!). Most people I encounter at work are surprised when they find out I own a GT so I know the feeling. I'm also used to strange looks from boy racers when I'm driving. An 86 can be a ladies car too you know!

Keep up the good work love, great article!

Lindsey x

oohh, Lindsey, that's interesting as I have just finished my Master's, so will be looking to start my PhD. Need to try and convince my Trust that they need to fund a research post first though, otherwise I'll be looking to one on the London hospitals :-)

We have a couple medics doing higher degrees in our department who do laboratory research combined with clinical trial stuff. I know funding through trusts/hospitals is different to the kind of grants we get from funding bodies, but in theory it's the same as you have to justify that what you're doing is relevant/interesting/will help people.

Most difficult time of my life completing my thesis, but it's worth it to get that Dr in front your name and know that it's something huge you've achieved for yourself.

Dr. Faith, sounds great! You will be an awesome PhD student, where ever you end up. Good luck.