Mark@Abbey M/S

Abbey Motorsport GT86 Development car

Mark out of curiosity, could a sprintex 210 push over a bar of boost? Say 15 psi or so.

James.

Given that your car is practically doing that on a 75mm pulley logic would state yes. But how reliable would it be? Personally I wouldn't go there myself!

I see. So would fitting a stock crank pulley again let me exceed 1 bar of boost?

If not I certainly need to look at another avenues for a slight bump in bhp.

The 210 kit is pretty much at the limit at 1bar of boost as Mark said

If you're wanting more, you're looking at other options of FI

What happened with the 335 anyway? Did sprintex every throw one your way Mark?

Don't believe so, everyone is sort of watching what the guys in the States are doing

Mark and I are in talks to do a 335 build on mine later this year if finances fall into place. Whilst we both know what's needed, it's still a bit of an experiment really

Don't believe so, everyone is sort of watching what the guys in the States are doing

Mark and I are in talks to do a 335 build on mine later this year if finances fall into place. Whilst we both know what's needed, it's still a bit of an experiment really

Meh, someones gotta do it haven't they :/

Meh, someones gotta do it haven't they :/

The 210 is at it's limit on mine and I want more

The noise is too addictive to give up so the 335 is the route for me to go down, albeit a lot less efficient than the likes of a HKS v2 or a turbo option

Been doing my research on building the engine 1st, and the numbers just keep adding up of course! Nearing on double figures for the thousands if I do it all how I want....*gulp*

Must admit, 245 seems a bit wide for an 8.5" rim. 

Toe seems alright, I really need to find out exactly what my rear toe is. That's very little toe in at the rear. How does it affect rear stability? I'm guessing it changes direction well enough. Reckon 2 deg neg camber on the front is worth doing. I run this with 1.75 neg on the rear. 

the 245 doesnt look to big for the 8.5 front rim.

I was more talking about the profile , think a 35 profile would look better tbh , car looks a little heavy on the front end I feel.

With the tyre width I am running it will have enough grip so running very little toe in helps the car I feel , I havent had a good drive to get a real good feedback yet but I do know it need a little more front travel so I will need to lose some droop to gain so travel but this might help with weight transfer.

Running 2 deg front will make the car nervous I feel in the straight ahead position but maybe I will need to dial this amount of camber into to try to be 100% sure.

All good fun thou the HKS Hipermax 4 Damper do feel very very good so far.

The 210 is at it's limit on mine and I want more

The noise is too addictive to give up so the 335 is the route for me to go down, albeit a lot less efficient than the likes of a HKS v2 or a turbo option

Been doing my research on building the engine 1st, and the numbers just keep adding up of course! Nearing on double figures for the thousands if I do it all how I want....*gulp*

I'm with you on this one Jordan. I want more to. Just at odds on which route. No doubting a twin screw super charger has the best noise out of any forced induction set up in my opinion. I to was doing loads of homework on a 335 blower.

But for now I will wait it out. The likes of a harrop is one to watch.

I can only push so much as don't want to blow my transmission like Keith has.

Will work on handling. But the abbey demo car is the place I'd like things to go in the next power jump.

Should wack in proper headers and see what happens. My decat stock headers set up might be holding it back slightly.

I'm with you on this one Jordan. I want more to. Just at odds on which route. No doubting a twin screw super charger has the best noise out of any forced induction set up in my opinion. I to was doing loads of homework on a 335 blower.

But for now I will wait it out. The likes of a harrop is one to watch.

I can only push so much as don't want to blow my transmission like Keith has.

Will work on handling. But the abbey demo car is the place I'd like things to go in the next power jump.

Should wack in proper headers and see what happens. My decat stock headers set up might be holding it back slightly.

James - I didn't 'blow' the transmission, I cooked it.... overheated with some overexuberant, overrevving trackday driving.. the matter is being resolved.

Smudge, you are right in thinking forged engine bits if you want to retain reliability over 1bar boost. The GPRM Avon car is running 2.2bar boost with forged pistons/rods.  And a standard crank.... (gulp)

Spec K

James - I didn't 'blow' the transmission, I cooked it.... overheated with some overexuberant, overrevving trackday driving.. the matter is being resolved.

Smudge, you are right in thinking forged engine bits if you want to retain reliability over 1bar boost. The GPRM Avon car is running 2.2bar boost with forged pistons/rods. And a standard crank.... (gulp)

Spec K

The HKS stroker kit is the way forward for me I think

Extra capacity and a stronger crank. Be silly not to

K ,

saying to run over 1 bar you need uprated engine parts isnt quiet true. The limiting factory of the FA20 motor is cylinder pressure which hurts the stock con rods. Turbo F/I makes a lot of cylinder pressure in the mid range area where as a  SC car makes less cylinder pressure in the mid range area ( The centrifugal charger makes less than a positive displacement charger)

The stock crank is pretty strong and as long as the lubrication system is good I am sure this item will be okay for 500bhp.

The GPRM motor runs dry sump so we know the lubrication will be good.

Mark, running 2 deg neg camber on the front feels fine. I don't know if your very wide tyres will be more of an issue, but I have no issue at all with that amount of camber and I do some mileage as you know. 

Lets get this thread split up will be good to keep discussing oil pressure/oiling issues.

Thread split for you mark, please move all oil discussion to the new thread