Leather interior desireability?

As some of you know, I have a brand new GT86 with Red/Black heated leather seats.

I may be looking at selling the seats. How desireable are they and how much are they worth?

I thnk the leather/alcantara heated seat option is very nice to have. I do a lot of miles and have a lot of early starts for work. I use the heated seats even in the summer for the most part. 

In the winter it's great. 

For me, it's an option I'm very glad I chose. :)

Well its the retrofit of the heating system that is harder work for those who want to "upgrade". TBH most who wanted either of the leather options would have bought it with that. The cheaper option would have been to buy a car with standard seats if the plan was to change them out.

Fensport had some listed on behalf of a customer for about £600 (full front/back set), with the new "budget" range of cars to get more people buying there might be more demand in a couple of years time.

I think the cloth is superb, it stays warm/cool. £1,600 is mental but because that option doesn't hold its value, you only have to pay a small fraction of that second hand, maybe £200 or so.

I think the cloth is superb, it stays warm/cool. £1,600 is mental but because that option doesn't hold its value, you only have to pay a small fraction of that second hand, maybe £200 or so.

From a recent used buyers point of view though I would not of wanted a car with cloth seats for the reasons you said. That are more appealing to the eye and lift the interior. For your £1600 you get to enjoy them for as long as you have the car and make it easier to sell later on. I'll agree though £1600 is expensive as is the Nav upgrade.

Leather seats was one of my prerequisites on purchasing a new car, so it was desirable for me.

I was lucky when I test drove my car (used) it had almost all the options already, including the full leather seats, my better half loves the heated seats during this last week or so  :D

Love my heated alcantara seats as it helps with lower back pain.

Not so keen on leather as I have found in the past that on track you can find yourself sliding out of the seat when cornering hard.

Horses for courses really....

Actually the full leather option is grippier than you might expect. It is firmer on the base too as the leather doesn't give as much as the alcantara. 

I have the alcantara. Full leather wasn't an option when I bought mine. 

I think the leather looks great, but aside from the price to have them as an option (and not withstanding possible increased resale value), what really put me off was that I had leather seats in my previous car and regardless of air-con and the like I just found them a bit too 'moist' on longer journeys and in warmer weather. Much happier with cloth now, although I would never say never when it comes to future options...

I've no idea why the part leather seats are heated as Alcantara isn't cold when you sit on it. Full leather yes.

First car I test drove was a black 86. Looked fantastic until I opened the door and clocked the cloth seats. I thought they had cheap cover over them!

Part or full leather keeps the interior more in line with the lovely exterior.

No offence to anyone who has cloth just my opinion