GT86Jay

Reverse Camera Plug and Play Kit - £75

Jay it's inevitable that bad experiences get more press than good experiences. The very nature of life I'm afraid. Do you need my address again? If so, I'll pm you. 

As I said in the past you've been very helpful on the other forum & actually given me some really good advice on my various little installs so when this whole camera delay got going I was pretty surprised. 

Regarding twitter, if you're mate managed to get a picture from your bedroom window the day you told me you were in the USA then he's sleeping with your Mrs. Recommend you get a new friend.  

I've seen PM's to others where you've been pretty out of order in my opinion. Particularly the poster owed the credit. 

Either way bygones are bygones, life goes on & I'm sure we'll all learn something from this. 

Jay it's inevitable that bad experiences get more press than good experiences. The very nature of life I'm afraid. Do you need my address again? If so, I'll pm you. 

As I said in the past you've been very helpful on the other forum & actually given me some really good advice on my various little installs so when this whole camera delay got going I was pretty surprised. 

Regarding twitter, if you're mate managed to get a picture from your bedroom window the day you told me you were in the USA then he's sleeping with your Mrs. Recommend you get a new friend.  

I've seen PM's to others where you've been pretty out of order in my opinion. Particularly the poster owed the credit. 

Either way bygones are bygones, life goes on & I'm sure we'll all learn something from this. 

Please PM me your address. 

Also i'd like to see this photo from my 'Bedroom' window so please include that in the PM.... Because you're right, if that is the case, I will get a new friend. It might also be worth remembering that I don't have to post stuff on twitter the second it happens. I sometimes post images and tweets from events from the past. 

I can't comment for other PM's. If those people think that they need to PM me. I've had no PMs telling me i've been out of order. 

Dude, please don't leave over this bad experience, there's still plenty of us who enjoy your company and your input in the community.

Now I can understand those who don't know Jay to assume the worse and that he's trying to pull the wool over your eyes but I've known Jay for a couple of years now and he is a real genuine sound guy who is always willing to help those out. As he has mentioned before, he went out of his way to help make some camera kits for the community to use since for some strange reason Toyota still refuse to fit one from factory. These few suddenly blew way out of hand for him so it's not suprising some have gone missing or some bad communication developed.

I can understand the frustration this may cause you, especially when you aren't being told what's going on but like Jay has mentioned, besides being banned and not being able to respond, you must understand how dismotivating being hownded and verbally abused can make someone what to just shut themselves away and not want to visit these forums anymore. I've definielty seen how Jay hasn't been as proactive on the forum as of late, and I'm sure it's partially down to this issue as well as other persoanl/family issues.

All I ask is for those still waiting to be just a little more patient and persistent with trying to contact and regain communications with Jay to sort out your cameras.

Sent you a PM with my address Jay, really don't think you should leave the forum. The few people I spoke to about you were glowing in their terms & you've always been a great help to me. 

You've got nothing to fear from me at any future event. Life is about reconciliation & moving on..... & having a sexy car. 

Sent you a PM with my address Jay, really don't think you should leave the forum. The few people I spoke to about you were glowing in their terms & you've always been a great help to me. 

You've got nothing to fear from me at any future event. Life is about reconciliation & moving on..... & having a sexy car. 

I have received your PM and have just printed a postage label. Will be dropping it off on Monday. 

Please could you PM me a link to the photo you mentioned earlier regarding my Twitter as I am concerned by this and am concerned about what is put out on the web about me. I've had a quick look and can see no photos from my bedroom window. Especially none around the time I was away.

I won't leave the forum, I'll always hang around and keep an eye on the forum. Met some great friends and people i'd always stay in contact with. I know a few won't see it the same way though and they'll always be negativity around this subject. 

I had a PM from you on 10th March at 9:15am, you said you were in the USA.

You have two pictures on Instagram from your bedroom window on the same day from a frosty Loddon, although to be fair they are clearly different weather conditions on the pictures so I'm happy to back down on this.

You do have numerous twitter posts around that time..... It's highly suspicious to say the least.  

But whatever, as I said there are no hard feelings from me. 

Jay, As soon as these guys have the kits the threads will disappear just like any negativity, you did mine at Macc a couple of years back and for the cost it's an excellent addition, you were the only way of getting it done back then, so many thanks. Now get those kits out and get back to the meets, you'll be fine.

Cheers

I had a PM from you on 10th March at 9:15am, you said you were in the USA.

You have two pictures on Instagram from your bedroom window on the same day from a frosty Loddon, although to be fair they are clearly different weather conditions on the pictures so I'm happy to back down on this.

You do have numerous twitter posts around that time..... It's highly suspicious to say the least.  

But whatever, as I said there are no hard feelings from me. 

I don't live in Loddon, So I can assure you they're not from my Bedroom window. If they are I have an incredible camera. 

I can explain them, not that I feel it will change anything or people can chose to believe or not. The car lives at my girlfriends house most of the time when i'm working away I use my Crappy Clio to leave places I'm unsure of with the GT86.

She sends me photos of it now and again when i'm away if something exciting happens or just a general 'morning, your car is still here' photo. Or if another 86 is parked behind it which has happened in the past. Sometimes I upload them straight away to instagram, other times I don't. 

As I said people can believe me or not. I can dig out the facebook conversations from my girlfreind sending me the photos if anyone wants confirmation...

I'm not here to provide evidence or support all my PMs though. But won't people to realise i'm not trying to screw everyone. If that was the case i'd have done it to all 150 people in the group buy and saved myself hours of board harness making and sore fingers!

But here is one example of her sending me the photo on 10th March....

CarFriends_zpsceirhwmm.jpg

Ok Jay, fine by me. I don't want to go in to all the PM's we have, there's no need & it won't end well. If I'm wrong on this occasion I apologise.

I believe you had nothing but the best intentions & nearly all were very satisfied with what appears a quality product. 

To reiterate, no hard feelings on my behalf. Life is too short. 

Jay, to have built 150+ of these kits and for only half a dozen to have gone wrong are pretty good odds considering no proper ordering system and cheap 3rd party postage. I've worked with companies who have ISO certificates and half the amount of orders still come out with far more issues and consider it a success. I'm amazed at the demand and that you still went ahead with them all, I would have been fine with you telling me the group buy was full if the workload was too much (for reference I had no issues with my order).

Chalk this one up as experience, 5-10 is helping the group (20 at a push if you have lots of free time), 150+ is very high demand and it's very easy to lose track. In future there's nothing wrong with adding a little on to each unit to cover unforeseen costs like units going missing, spare components or treating yourself afterwards for all the extra hours you've had to put in to make all the units if nothing did go wrong. I know what it's like to take on too much work, unfortunately my kit is still sitting on a shelf and not on the car as I've taken on too much (hence posting at 4am), got TSS to prep for.

I've enjoyed reading your threads about the head units and you are an asset to the forums, don't let this put you off ownership and meet attendance as this could easily have happened to anyone doing this on such a large scale.

Jay I have messaged you on here, got one reply, but not heard anything back after having given you my address etc. Can you please confirm that you now have my address?

As per my PM, please could you send the camera via recorded and tracked delivery, with the post office. Once the camera is received I will happily transfer you the extra money for a secure and tracked postage service.

Thanks

Michael

Still no camera - ordered and paid for back in Sept 2014 - any news Jay?

Regards

Chris Morgan

Chris - Read thread above. Please PM me your address on this forum. I believe I have yours labeled up, just need to confirm address.

Michael - I have your address, I will be taking to post office tomorrow morning.

I have had 3 PMs and a Facebook message from people regarding missing orders. 

I have printed the labels and have packaged up the 4 kits. I will be dropping them off first thing tomorrow morning where I will get tracking. 

I have been told there are 4 people with missing kits.. And I have now packaged up the 4 that I missed / lost details for I assume. 

As far as I know this is everyone. If there are more I have screwed up as I have no more stock. But PM me if you've been missed and i'll buy more...

Here they are waiting to be sent out. Couple of kits in slightly different boxes as i've ran out of my normal brown ones.

IMAG2686_zpsfraux0qs.jpg

Jay being banned from the other forum is badge of honour mate  :)

The active members of the GT86 community know you weren't out to shaft anybody, all that's happened is you allowed yourself to over commit trying to keep everyone happy.

There's no reason for you to worry about attending meets and it seems a bit OTT to start thinking about getting rid of your car now you've just got the HKS fitted.

I think a suggestion for anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation, don't overcommit, agree a small batch at a time and don't take any more orders until you are happy you want to do some more.

You just ended up putting yourself under intense pressure when all you were trying to do was help

Alec

Have been reading the goings on over all these various problems you have been having Jay  :(  and just hope you not going to walk away from this Club,as you would be sorely missed Jay :(

I would love one of these Camera's you were putting together Jay :P ,but to save you any further hassle :( I will go and buy one of these Camera Kits from Fensport instead :)

I have complete faith in Jay and am more than happy to wait until he is in a position to fabricate up a set for me.

If however he decides that one set of burned fingers is enough that is fine by me and I would understand.

Spec K

Have been reading the goings on over all these various problems you have been having Jay  :(  and just hope you not going to walk away from this Club,as you would be sorely missed Jay :(

I would love one of these Camera's you were putting together Jay :P ,but to save you any further hassle :( I will go and buy one of these Camera Kits from Fensport instead :)

Ordering through Fensport will be your best option as I won't be making these kits anymore myself. Only via Fensport.

I have complete faith in Jay and am more than happy to wait until he is in a position to fabricate up a set for me.

If however he decides that one set of burned fingers is enough that is fine by me and I would understand.

Spec K

Once I'm sure all the orders have been fulfilled on the forums I will make you one as promised Keith, as I owe you anyway! As promised! 

I think this is simply a lesson of getting into doing something and then getting out of your depth. At that point it would have been better to have backed out if you didn't have the time or organisational skills. 

But, in your defence, you're young and obviously you've learnt from this experience. 

I would just say knock doing the cameras on the head. Fensport are doing them, there will likely be others too. 

As for the 'negativity' and not coming to meets, your better option is to learn to deal with it, rather than avoid it by walking away. It's happened, you can't change it. Face up to it and move on, it won't last forever. 

Has anyone ever tried to claim refund in paypal? Any advises on process or all needed info should be there in site? I'm giving up waiting, and hoping at least getting money back to get fensport's kit instead of monthly PMs with promises. £115 is more to me then i'm willing to give up/ignore.

Maybe sent (no notice for me on that). 20 days since last yet another PM about that he will send ASAP should be sufficient to ship to another country in Europe, yet just like after previous 'ASAP' PMs monthly for half a year i received nothing. Of course, from January is not as bad as since August 2014 for YAMS .. but having all the other parts that i planned to install at same time still in boxes for long time, having no assurance that this time it WILL be sent, especially when reading about similar issues for others, having no responses for refund requests in PMs .. enough.

We Have Registerd Your Dispute.    Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication

Status.    This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria.

Damn, seems that i lost that money to Jay forever and will have to pay for camera elsewhere all anew. That's hell of expensive PMs at forum to purchase. Or should i still try to ask about my options in my bank? :/ Well, at least i hope it will serve as warning to others to not trust swindlers and post dispute/claim prior 45 days timeout to ensure at least getting money back instead of it going to swindler's gain. Being patient/lenient/understanding clearly was wrong choice. Plain forum member doesn't have reputation he must uphold by keeping his end of deal, unlike commercial vendors/firms.

Church,

PM me you PayPal account details, and proof of how much you paid Jay, and I will refund you your money.  I will then sort it out with Jay, but at least you won't be out of pocket.

Dave