GT86Jay

Reverse Camera Plug and Play Kit - £75

Not wishing to complain but you said you were checking with myHermes two weeks ago (see posting above on 5 March).  As I ordered it at the end of October and still don't have it you can perhaps see why I am getting a bit fed up.

Sorry just a few questions on this kit:

Did I read somewhere that the camera supplier had changed and they no longer have the wierd lines on the screen?

Does this automatically kick in when you out the car into reverse?

How is the image at night?

No idea on camera but I think you can ask for them without lines

Auto comes on in reverse

Mines not brill at night but good enough not to hit anything (yet ?!)

I bought my camera of ebay and harness from a guy in america, ae64.com it took a couple of weeks and cost less than £20 and is easy to fit.

Imho lines are not that bad, IF those are ones including also trajectories of back end with fully steered wheels. Unfortunately such lines would need to be calibrated relative to stock camera position/car model. If no stock camera placement/not stock calibration of these lines as in our case, then lines just worsen image, indeed. Don't see need in 3 stepped lines showing distance to obstacles in the rear though, even if somewhat shown right relative to camera placement. One sees bumper of car, one sees what's in surroundings/back of car, one sees if car will touch/hit anything or not, how such lines may help? :/

Jay,

Still not received the kit since I paid you for it in October.  Either get it to me in the next week or give me a refund.  If not I'll have no alternative but to complain to Paypal.

An extremely frustrated

Andy D

Jay,

Still not received the kit since I paid you for it in October.  Either get it to me in the next week or give me a refund.  If not I'll have no alternative but to complain to Paypal.

An extremely frustrated

Andy D

PM him and he will get back to you, he has personal problems at the moment preventing him from checking the boards. I spoke to him earlier and he was under the impression  there are only 3 outstanding, neither of them are yours so contact him directly. Once you pm'd him I can give him a poke for you if need be :)

Tbh I was surprised when the new group offer was made given the problems some of us had with communications with Jay after cameras failing following the initial fittings 18 months ago. Also there would appear to be a number of people who have paid but got nothing on the other site leading to this: http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/gt86-jay-reversing-camera_topic8735.html#125568

It does raise a number of questions about non-trader group offers involving cash in advance that perhaps need some better rules Rob?

As I said, i've spoken to Jay and people need to Pm him. The courier fucked up and everything was delayed as they sent them back to him.

Rules can be made but in this circumstance i'm not 100% what it would change as the issue that arised was totally out of his hands. As it happens we do have a rule that only traders or authorised sellers can arrange group buys. But It was created as Jay put this up so I PM'd him to give him the ok.

Ultimately it's up to the members ti decide who they buy from. Legally the club cannot do anything here and from what I can tell it's practically resolved?

Hi Guys,

Firstly i'd like to apologise if anyone feels let down or left in the dark here. 

I've not handled the whole situation very well and clearly the communication hasn't been up to scratch so i'm sorry for that. 

I've now sold over 151 of these camera kits. I am in no way a business or a trader and have zero experience at handling this many orders! When I done the group buy I carefully calculated it so that everyone got the best deal! I didn't want to make profit and never intended to earn any money from it. Not even from time really. Expecting only to get a few people want a kit.... I ended up with over 130 orders within a month. 

The problem with this is that every kit takes me about 40 minutes to put together. The harness takes a good 25 minutes to crimp, solder and connect up. I have to change the plug on the cameras so that they go through the GT86 boot gap. I can also only order a maximum of 20 cameras at once from Taiwan. and the guy in the US with the connectors can only buy what is in stock... So this becomes a huge mass production line. Which I agree has gone a bit shit and impossible to track. Especially when suppliers are sending wrong cameras and the wrong plugs all over the place!

At the same time personal stuff exploded at home, I was promoted at work taking on 3 times the work load and to give an idea i've not slept in my own bed now for over 3 months! None of these are excuses, I just want to make it clear i'm not ignoring anybody just finding it almost impossible to breath and catch up with everything! 

From the 151 orders that I've been tracking myself on Excel I've only known so far of 5 - 6 to go wrong. If I've missed an order or someone isn't happy I'm sorry.

I've only had 4 people PM me in the last month to say they've not had the kit. Which I am now following up and sorting out. One batch was d1 ue to Parcel2Go quoting me a price which I paid for then myHermes wouldn't accept so ended up sending me the entire lot back to me. And took them 8 days to do so before I knew anything was wrong.

I've made no profit out of this, and cost me money in the long run now to track and order parts which have been sent to me wrong or items that wen't accounted for. All the money goes into buying the kits, customs and postage. The only money I've made is where I've had to sit for hours on end into the evenings making tedious harnesses and the profit from this is next to nothing compared to the time taken! I am now coming to the end of the last few and the kits are all finished.

If you are still waiting or have a problem please PM me! I can't get onto the forums during the day and have very little time to read through the forums. And I miss posts.

I have taken today off work to make the last harnesses, track and sort out the kits. Please please PM me before replying to a post...

Captain Duff: - I didn't know there was a problem 18 months ago.... if you're talking about the Manchester group install. It was arranged, I travelled 6 hours, paid for a hotel out of my own pocket and everything went well. I've never had a PM from you to say otherwise? - Again please PM me! I don't always keep up with these threads.

As for the other forum. I will explain what's happened there. 

3 people aren't happy with the outcome. 1 guy ordered the camera kit paid deposit to commit to the a group install fitting. This payment was a deposit and a split between the members sharing expenses and my fuel cost to travel 2 hours to get there. He never turned up... He wants his deposit back. I will refund him his deposit but am making it clear that he needs to learn what a deposit is... And if he commits and shares the costs between members then he needs to stick to it. 

1 is from Denmark where postage has been delayed as i'm finding another service to use. 

And I believe there is a genuine guy where i've missed his order. Again trying to track all this on Excel with this many orders when I've got no experience is difficult. And without people PM'ing me to say they're still waiting i've no idea. 

But instead of PMing me they've messaged Stu on the forum who has then blocked my account and put me on post review meaning I can't do anything really. Stupid.. Instead of them PMing me they've gone off and moaned behind my back to then get me blocked. Which I have no problem with as I don't use that forum other than to sort out the kits. But now i've been banned.... So not sure how that can be resolved. Stu doesn't want me messaging him to sort it out and I have no other way to solve it....

So I apologise for any problems, delays and lack of communication. 

Please PM me and I will reply today as i'm off work. 

Regards Jay

"Captain Duff: - I didn't know there was a problem 18 months ago.... if you're talking about the Manchester group install. It was arranged, I travelled 6 hours, paid for a hotel out of my own pocket and everything went well. I've never had a PM from you to say otherwise? - Again please PM me! I don't always keep up with these threads."

No, it was related to the RRG Macc fitting. My camera stopped working within a couple of weeks and you stopped replying to messages after saying a replacement was in the post that never arrived  leaving me to work out what model of camera replacement I had to buy myself. The actual replacement was not the issue, but there does appear to be a pattern in terms of communication and non-delivery of posted items that has repeated here I think. In any case I think I did make the point on this forum afterwards that I would never get involved in another non-trader group buy again as a result of that experience and I haven't.

"Captain Duff: - I didn't know there was a problem 18 months ago.... if you're talking about the Manchester group install. It was arranged, I travelled 6 hours, paid for a hotel out of my own pocket and everything went well. I've never had a PM from you to say otherwise? - Again please PM me! I don't always keep up with these threads."

No, it was related to the RRG Macc fitting. My camera stopped working within a couple of weeks and you stopped replying to messages after saying a replacement was in the post that never arrived  leaving me to work out what model of camera replacement I had to buy myself. The actual replacement was not the issue, but there does appear to be a pattern in terms of communication and non-delivery of posted items that has repeated here I think. In any case I think I did make the point on this forum afterwards that I would never get involved in another non-trader group buy again as a result of that experience and I haven't.

Yeah I was talking about the RRG Group install in Manchester.

I can't even remember there being a problem. I always reply to PMs eventually and as soon as I can.  If you didn't receive a PM to a message, send it again. I never came here to try and make a fortune quick and leave people cold. As I said out of the 150+ cameras sold I've not had many PMs of bad experience. It seems to be only the last batch outside of the group buy. This is a totally different incident to the kit 18 months ago at RRG. Different kit and totally different issue. As far as I was aware the install at RRG went fine and members haven't contacted me otherwise. 

It's normal state of things, if everything goes well, people rarely post back about good experience, it's "as expected". If something goes wrong, is when it gets voiced, hence sometimes might seen as things being worse then they really are on average. Seen that happen on several forums related to different products. Good experiences are usually silent (it's not as if i suggest for everybody happy with his kit to start suddenly PM or post about it, just explained why public impression based mostly on negative experience only can be skewed/non-objective. If one out of ten happy customers post back, and one with issues post as well, it might generate impression of 50% failure rate for people reading that.). :)

Hi Guys, I'm new around here and picking my GT86 up on Wednesday. I have a couple of questions. A. Does this kit work on the automatic gearbox and B. Is there going to be another group buy/install anytime soon? Cheers in advance Jase

Hi Jay,

I have PM'd you many times on the other forum and not heard anything back...

Yeah I was talking about the RRG Group install in Manchester.

I can't even remember there being a problem. I always reply to PMs eventually and as soon as I can.  If you didn't receive a PM to a message, send it again. I never came here to try and make a fortune quick and leave people cold. As I said out of the 150+ cameras sold I've not had many PMs of bad experience. It seems to be only the last batch outside of the group buy. This is a totally different incident to the kit 18 months ago at RRG. Different kit and totally different issue. As far as I was aware the install at RRG went fine and members haven't contacted me otherwise. 

I've not had many PMs of bad experience

Really??? Who are you joking???

I have messaged you on many many occasions on the other forum and you have replied to me a hand full of times with lame excuses, most of my PM's are ignored (I can see when you read them).

I am in contact with 4 others who have paid you and not received anything. We have all of your personal details and are getting together to take maters further. I hate having to take this public (again), but when you ignore my PM's, you leave me with no other options.

I am giving you one final chance, either refund what we paid (£100 for myself), or we will take the mater further.

You have my details (check your PM's on the other forum), if you can't find them, or your inbox is full with other people trying to chase you up, please PM me directly and I will send you either my postage details (so you can send me a kit) or paypal details (so you can refund my money).

I will happily release all the PM's you sent me, so then everyone can see the extent of your BS and lies.

Michael 

Hi Jay,

I have PM'd you many times on the other forum and not heard anything back...

Really??? Who are you joking???

I have messaged you on many many occasions on the other forum and you have replied to me a hand full of times with lame excuses, most of my PM's are ignored (I can see when you read them).

I am in contact with 4 others who have paid you and not received anything. We have all of your personal details and are getting together to take maters further. I hate having to take this public (again), but when you ignore my PM's, you leave me with no other options.

I am giving you one final chance, either refund what we paid (£100 for myself), or we will take the mater further.

You have my details (check your PM's on the other forum), if you can't find them, or your inbox is full with other people trying to chase you up, please PM me directly and I will send you either my postage details (so you can send me a kit) or paypal details (so you can refund my money).

I will happily release all the PM's you sent me, so then everyone can see the extent of your BS and lies.

Michael 

As far as i'm aware he got banned from the other forum, thus not being able to reply to pm's...

To follow on from Michael's post from yesterday I am one of the four people mentioned as not having received a camera kit from Jay & like Michael I have also been lied to by Jay on numerous occasions. 

I'm a member of the other GT86 forum, some of you may recognize my name, my only intention in joining here is to try to get the camera kit I am owed. Since Jay is on Post Review on the other forum & his PM responses are 'creative' the only current logical option is to try to get some sense on here. 

I apologise to the forum owners here for joining the forum with this sole intention but needs must. 

I ordered my kit from Jay in August 2014 paying initially £75 & then an extra £10 a few weeks later for the modified colour camera. Around January time I had received nothing but Jay was getting a lot of stick in the other forum on his own thread so I laid low. Since January to the end of May I have been in PM contact with Jay where I've given him my address twice, apparently had a kit returned from the carrier once, had to have tracking carried out by Jay twice, been 'in the next batch' roughly four times & marvelled at the miracle of modern time travel as Jay told me he was currently in the USA when his twitter update had him in Norwich on the same day. The latest update from Jay 6 weeks ago was 'I'm in the next batch'.

In April Jay was put on post review on the other forum by the moderators due to the number of complaints they had received. These complaints were from people like me who had tried to resolve with Jay in PM and not gone straight to the Mods as Jay claims in post #89 above in this thread. I was pretty miffed Jay was put on post review as the chances of getting my kit diminished.

I have been in contact via PM on the other forum with other members who are also owed camera's or refunds. Jay's PM's to us over the past few Months are rather comical & a classic example of lies snowballing over time. As a brief example if you add up all the instances Jay has been to 8 (eight) funerals already this year. That's rather unfortunate. His Grandfather has passed away three times alone. My sincere condolences to you Jay if any of your family members have sadly passed away this year.  

According to the PM's Jay spent most of February & March in either the USA or Dubai. According to his Twitter account he was posting from Norwich. Mysterious. Jay was also sitting at work on two occasions in Norwich while flying back from the USA. Also mysterious. The weekend you were doing your fantastic Supercharger upgrade (Friday 1st May-Tue 5th May) you told me via PM your Grandfather had died that weekend & your father was in hospital so you were sorting all arrangements out........ I'll happily post the screen grab of that PM if required. Love your upgrade by the way. It's genuinely a terrific read. 

I've been in touch with prominent members on the other forum who expressed their surprise when I detailed my experience. They've all found Jay to be a decent chap when they've met him..... & this is where the problem arises. If you look at the history of Jay's posts on the other forum & on here he is an extremely helpful, knowledgeable & valuable forum member. He has great passion, is keen to share his insight & is thoroughly helpful & friendly. 

This makes his actions over the camera situation with a small handful of us all the more bizarre...... For what's it's worth Jay's plea on both forums over him losing money over time with this venture & struggling for parts suppliers & getting sent the wrong stuff I fully believe. It's the lies over the past few Months I really struggle to understand. Especially when people are so easily traceable on the internet these days & we have another GT86 forum where you're happily posting!!.  

Jay you've had my address twice, if you need it a third time PM here or on the other forum. All I want is my kit. I'm sorry it's come to this post here but I have no other sensible choice. You know what I do for a living I believe so you know I'm a genuine guy. I also urge you to respond to the others who are owed kits or refunds somehow in the correct manner to resolve their issues. 

To respond to rob275's very recent post Jay can read & respond to PM's on the other forum. He's on Post Review which means he can't post in the main forum.

Once again to the mods here my apologies for this post but a few of us are really out of reasonable options over this matter.  

Thank you. 

First of all i'd like to start by saying sorry if you feel i've lied to you and scammed you. 

I have to convince you this is never my intention and I have shipped and made over 150 of these kits.

I'm not sure where you have got 8 funerals from. I have attended 2. Both were in extremely close proximity of each other. My grandfathers death was no lie or joke or excuse. I can prove this. My girlfriends grandfather also passed away extremely closely to mine. Both funerals were within a few days of each other. So none of this is a joke or a lie. A 3rd was of a close friend who I also attended the funeral of a week later. Along with a close family illness which affected me closely. Not sure how I would have 8 grandfathers....? 

I have also been away with work and various locations with work, usually very short trips nothing amazingly fun. Missing club events and meets that i'd usually be at. Specifically Japfest, Leeds Castle SuperCar Seige and the like..

Unfortunately there has been a few kits which havn't been received or confusion has arose. I'm not a business and nor do I have any experience or knowledge of running orders. I am extremely poor at this. And yes orders have gone missing and I have lost addresses and peoples tracking, I have found this side of this extremely difficult. Tracking 100+ orders at anyone time on an excel sheet.. 

I was banned from the other Forum and got extremely offended by the way 'Caretaker' treated me and spoke to me therefore havn't been on that forum since. If I log in I just get a 'Permission denied' Screen. "Only members with sufficient permission can access this page."

Therefor I have no way to reply anymore. I believe I was put on post review but then due to 'Caretakers' Attitude he decided I would be blocked completely I assume... I can't PM him to ask.. As I can no longer access PM. I get emails to say I have them, I click the link. I log in. It tells the person i've read them, but can no longer reply... Mainly due to the way Caretaker treated me and spoke to me. Calling me pretty pathetic names for an adult I did decide to just ignore that forum all together, I managed to reply to a couple for a short time but now back to fully blocked.

The weekend the supercharger was installed was a single weekend in which I did drop everything and fit the charger as it was booked in with HKS to be done. And things had calmed down for this. It was whilst I was away on this weekend I actually found out my grandad had passed away. I am in no way using any of this as an excuse. I have lost orders and i'm sorry. But without people PM'ing me on this forum I got to a point of not being able to track or know! 

If you are talking about my @GT86Jay twitter account then i'm afraid this isn't always me doing the tweets. I share this account with another friend of mine who is passionate about the car, I don't really do Twitter so he does most the social media for that account. I do instagram thats about it with the car. 

Please if anyone doesn't have the camera PM me on this forum! I have the kits sitting and waiting. I have 3 kits which I bought knowing there were orders for. And have 3 waiting to be sent, but with no way of tracking or knowing who was owed what I have not been able to send them. 

Yams was the last person who I received contact from on the other forum, and after the attitude "Caretaker" took with me I lost all hope with that forum. 

After not receiving any PMs on this forum and people going quiet i'd assumed I had managed to get all the 166 cameras sent out to people. So yes did put it beside me and carry on posting on the forums where help and advice could be given. 

This entire camera ordeal which I did set out to make zero profit, help the community and provide something not otherwise available has turned bitter and left me stressed, tired and extremely de-morolised.

I do feel like i've let a few people down and have been an arsehole where replies are concerned on the Owners Club forum. For that reason I feel as though I'd not be welcome or feel as comfortable at club events as before.

For the few that have gone wonky, these are the few negatives that are remembered. Not the 150+ that have gone successful. Therefore I know people will now judge and base their opinion of me from these few negatives. I will attend the Toyota Sprint Series as support as I have personal connections with this. Like you say, people who have met me know me to try and be helpful and a nice chap. But knowing they have the experience and opinion of these few fuck ups means I will never be able to feel comfortable in the community again. 

I'm just gonna take a back step learn from the experience and remember never to try and help the community again. Because no matter how positive the few negatives are what you have to base your life on and its no my job. 

Anyone who has an outstanding camera kit order, please PM me on this forum. I will get it sent to you regardless of cost to me. Once i'm happy the kits are received I will be probably take a step back.

Jay

That's a bit much Jay, nobody has any dislikes to you on here :D You should keep the car and get to meets! 

It's easier to say that, but there will always be people who remember this ordeal and judge based on this. I'll see how comfortable I feel with everything. Work sucks at the moment, I can't commit to anything and I feel if I do i'd be judged. You know how it is. As positive as it is.

A negative over shadows everything. 

The best bit about this car is the community and the meets. Without that the car is a means of transport and the hobby side of it disappears.