Riceburner

Decision to make

I was looking at the vehicle ordering system yesterday checking availability.

A TRD in RED manual with custom leather can be delivered by 14th August so is ready in stock at portbury.

post-231-0-65255600-1407566231_thumb.jpg

Question is should I wait for the new Aero model or order the above??????

Rich,  Surely with your desire to be at the cutting edge of GT86 'ownership', patience is a virtue?  On the other hand, when will you be able to get the Aero, and how long will you have to keep the TRD?

Edit to add:  If you do decide to wait for the Aero and get serious GT86 withdrawal symptoms, I am sure a plan can be made for you to borrow mine for a week or so, as long as you can arrange for a courtesy car for me.

Whilst I prefer the look of the TRD over the new bodykit offering, I think you should wait for the new options and find out about that yellow one too. 

Also I've heard that the new version will have Sachs dampers, so it would be interesting to wait for that. 

Patience is not a virtue, it is synonymous with 'indecision' and 'fence-sitting' when it comes to Toyobaru ownership...

... goforit, Rich..... :)

What is special about 'Sachs dampers', Lauren?

Spec K

I don't know, Keith, but they are a branded make of course indicating that the damping has been changed over the current dampers. Most people associate Sachs with performance, so there is a possibility the damping may be improved. 

Obviously there must also be a reason why they were implemented at this point. 

When I was at 86 style I saw a car with the Sachs dampers fitted that looked like a totally stock car to me. 

Rich, Surely with your desire to be at the cutting edge of GT86 'ownership', patience is a virtue? On the other hand, when will you be able to get the Aero, and how long will you have to keep the TRD?

Edit to add: If you do decide to wait for the Aero and get serious GT86 withdrawal symptoms, I am sure a plan can be made for you to borrow mine for a week or so, as long as you can arrange for a courtesy car for me.

I couldn't possibly take away your prize possession and I think I would have sleepless nights having the responsibility.

A quick spin next week if you are at snetterton would be good though :)

I am perplexed...

What is so desirable in having oem body goodies bolted on?  Rich has demonstrated previously that his forte is to 'personalise' - his penchant for large upstanding bits is well documented and photographed - so why go for the Aero kit?

Why be the same as every other TRD on the road? (well, not 'every other' - there will probably only be a handful sold in the UK, all the more reason to do your own thing)

Scene... not herd...

Spec K

Richard. You know you want a Red TRD! I just hope this 'Red TRD' you speak of isn't the one you're currently building in your workshop!   :P

Although the Custom leather would be nice! 

Does this also mean Red TRDs are available to order in the UK? 

Edit: - And you should wait for the Aero kit! So that I can be the first Genuine Red TRD body kit.  :ph34r:

There was no information as I am aware of that announced there was a TRD in red as a factory order.

It was just as I was browsing through the system for ordering there was a model code I didn't recognise.I clicked on the detail and it came up

GT86 TRD manual custom leather in C7P colour code.So jay it is an official factory model.

Interesting. 

Toyota UK wouldn't pay for my TRD kit to come into the country Pre-painted Red as there's no Red TRDs in the UK.

They've been available in Japan for a while! Always wanted the Red TRD but never been able to order.

I wonder if its a single car they had at Headquarters for show? Can you order more than one Richard? 

I've recently waited 5 months for a car and actually almost 10 months since I first considered placed deposit changed mind and managed get the slot back (not a Toyota), as there is a new option and it's the Aero I'd wait for that you've had a TRD the aero might not be much different but it is the closest to a facelift we will see and if you can get yellow that would be pretty unique :)

I'd wait and get the Aero.

I've recently waited 5 months for a car and actually almost 10 months since I first considered placed deposit changed mind and managed get the slot back (not a Toyota), as there is a new option and it's the Aero I'd wait for that you've had a TRD the aero might not be much different but it is the closest to a facelift we will see and if you can get yellow that would be pretty unique :)

I'd wait and get the Aero.

Paul I appreciate your comments but we need a demonstrator for the 1st of September

Paul I appreciate your comments but we need a demonstrator for the 1st of September

Then your choices are limited to a red version of more of the same, though I am sure you'll make it unique ;-) maybe get the yellow aero lined up for March?